1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been looking for a slide and found this one and would like some opinions from the members of this forum.

The ad states:

LSA Full Length 5" 1911 Slide (Novak Sight Cut)
"These slide were manufactured by Lone Star Armanent. STI purchased Lone Star and these slide were all rust proofed, bubble wrapped and placed in storage for years. These are top of the line Precision CNC'ed from solid 4140 bar stock Ready-to-fit, premium-grade slides improve function, reliability and accuracy on any 1911 Auto. Featuring: ultra-smooth breech face for improved feeding; relieved and lowered ejection port; full-contact rails; pre-smoothed barrel bore and all edges radiused. These slides will work on a full size 1911 frame. These slides are set up for use with either bushing or bull barrel, for a super accurate carry gun. Features polished side panels with wide modern style serrations and bead blasted top for a non-glare sight picture"

I will attach a photo of this slide for you you to view.

Please let me know what your thoughts and opinions are of this slide, any advise will be helpful.
Thanks
acoilfld

Attachments

·
Registered
346 Posts
they are on gunbroken

if they are what they say, it would be a good deal for the $110. BUT,, there is always a but involved hehehe what if they are screw ups, crooked, ah sh-ts, lets sell them on gunbroken seconds, I would carefully read what it says. they could have sent them for scrap and some enterprising employee could have decided to sell them on gunbroken, I buy on gunbroken,, parts and whatever,, but I know they could be crap and I pay accordingly

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I purchased one of these slides. The frame rail ways were not parralel and dropped fitted onto a new un modified frame. The slide was too oversized. Was not happy and purchased a Caspian Slide.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the information - I will drop that one from my list. Like they say - if it is to good to be true, it probably is.
I can get a Norinco for the same price a couple of hundred miles from here, I might go with one of them. The slide is the last part I need before I start fitting things together.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anybody have an opinion on a Norinco slide?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts