1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a full size Kimber Custom Stainless, my first 1911, and found the Galco hip holster I got also just ain't gonna work, too uncomfortable, not discrete at all and it makes me feel lopsided. Found just sticking it in my waistband in the small of my back works best for me (seems I've heard this called "Mexican Carry" but I may be mistaken), very comfortible and discrete, but not as secure as I'd like. Also I'd prefer one with a thumbbreak for C&L carry if possible. Can any one recomend a holster for this type of carry?
Thanks,
Manny

[This message has been edited by Manny (edited 09-26-2001).]

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
No, I can not, I don't like that mode of carry because of the discomfort while sitting or the possiblity of injury if one was to fall on his/her back.

However, look at http://www.dillonprecision.com for their SOB holster.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
MOLON LABE
Leonidas c 480 BC
FFF

·
Registered
303 Posts
The Bianchi #3S Pistol Pocket sounds like what you are looking for. I carry my 1911 pistols just the way you describe in one of these holsters and find it most comfortable, concealed, secure, and accessible.
The Bianchi's aren't "custom", but they are quality, affordable, and available.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I own a Galco SOB model for a 1911 Gvt. Man, that is the WORST way to be wearng a steel Gvt. 1911! It is heavy, and damned near uncomfortable for sitting, standing, bending, and anything. The draw is attrocious. Very tight, slow, and will get me killed before it clears the holster at that awkward arm angle. having said that, why did I even buy the SOB? It was $15 at a gun show; new. I guess the market was so bad for it, they had to get rid of it.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Manny, I have to agree with Gunz. I use a SOB218 which is for the Colt Officiers model. (I use it with my 4" Kimber.)

It's not the greatest feeling in the world, but it's not too bad. It's not something you'd want to carry all day.

I couldn't even imagine carry a full size 1911 in the SOB. Ouch!

Also, Gunz is right. The draw will give you tennis-elbow pretty quick.

-Nick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts