1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the forum. My name is James and I'm from WV. I recently decided I want a 1911. Right now my main goto gun is a Glock 32 -.357 sig. It does everything I want it to, but I'd like something a little more comfortable to carry IWB, something nicer looking wouldn't hurt either. I've been reading the forums and reviews and I'm undecided between a Dan Wesson PM-7, a Springfield Loaded or a DW CBOB. I'm kind of leaning towards a Dan Wesson CBOB in .45 though. I like the idea of a full-size 1911 but it seems like the shorter length bobtail would make regular carry a little more comfortable and concealable. I dont want to sacrifice a lot of accuracy though. The only 1911 I've shot was my buddys Para SSP and I was a little unimpressed with the accuracy. My groups were about 3 inches to the left and 5 inches down from center @ 25 yards, and the groups were't as good as my Glock. I want something I won't have to get worked on to be accurate. I'm also not a fan of slide serrations on the front, which is something I like about the CBOB. But I wanted your advice on Dan Wesson compared to other brands in the $700-900 range, and also on commander vs. full-size. Also, what is DW's warranty like? Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
all your questions have been answered many times,try the search function or just browse.
no one likes every gun,so remember there will be more griping than praise

good luck
pete

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have the cbob and love it. This is my first 1911 and it runs great right out of the box.. I have about 500 rounds threw it and not a problem at all. It's also very easy to carry. I like it over my g-26 that I carry.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
If you want a pistol for carry, the CBOB is your choice. The Pointman seven is an excellent pistol also. I just think more suited for the range.

My CBOB has about 1000 rounds through it with no issues. It is very accurate. About as accurate as any of my full size 1911s.

Best regards.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice, and I apologize for repeat questions. I've read the older threads, but just wanted a little more reassurance. I think I will go with the CBOB. I'll probably get more use out of it. If I bought a full-size it would likely take a backseat to the Glock as a carry gun, and if I'm gonna drop that much money on a gun I want to get a lot of use out of it.

·
Registered
312 Posts
HillBilly,

I don't think you'll have any beef with the CBOB's accuracy. I have been shooting mine at the same 8" steel disk from distances of 10 yards in rapid fire and out to 50 yards in slow fire and hitting with great consistency.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm gonna get the CBOB, now I'm just trying to find the best price. I was looking a Budsgunshop, but there not in stock currently. DCR Enterprises on gunbroker has one in stock for $879 shipped, anyone dealt with them before?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts