1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I picked up my newest Commander this last weekend, I looked at a new SA PX9242L parkerized Loaded Champion Light Weight. It has a 4" ramped bull barrel and Novak style night sights + some really nice wood grips. It also is a full size grip (not officers)It is new in the box and can probably get it out the door for a tad over $600.00 It sure would make a nice little piece, it would not replace my Defender, but might be a good back up to my daily carry gun. Also, after 3 to 4 years of constant carry, my Defender is getting pretty ruff looking. I would like to send it in to Colt to have it refurbished and I might carry th SA for the month or so that it is gone. I have plenty of other good carry guns, like a Kahr P9, and lots of other 45's etc. Should I save the money for the next Colt that catches my eye, or go ahead and get it ????

------------------
DEATH TO THE NEW WORLD ORDER!

·
Registered
696 Posts
If you have other good carry guns as you say, save the money. You might need some of it for the refurbishing on the Defender!

Mikey

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,420 Posts
If you have a Defender, and Commanders, why do you need (or want) the Springfield? I'm sure it's a decent gun, but it doesn't really offer anything you don't already have.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I had a Springfield about 8 years ago. The gun was good. However I traded it on a Colt that I have had since. I was just looking at some Springfields lately as I was going to purchase but a couple of things turned me off. First, seems that there are alot of complaints about them now, next, I've not had problems with Colt's and finally the series 70 gov. model that I found made its way home with me instead. You could always put that money in to another Colt, having another Defender on hand may be handy if you are ever without. Just a thought.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts