1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope this is the right section...I am looking to trade for this 1911 but the only markings on it is a serial number. If anyone has any ideas of the manufacturer of the frame and slide your help would be appreciated . Thanks

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
???

Going only by the pics, it looks more like a replica non-gun.
Is it an actual firearm?

There is no manufacturers stamp on it, at least none visible.
Is the change of finish color and front sight color change a camera glitch?

Kur

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
Only thing that comes to mind that is THAT shiny is the Colt 38Super in polished Nickel or chrome. But no markings, I'd guess it's a MUTT---no pedigree of any kind. What caliber is it? Tracy

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Armory rework???

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,344 Posts
I've never seen a gun with the serial number in an inset panel like that. Almost could be a case of the original number being machined off, and a new one stamped? I'd say it's not Colt, and not G.I.

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
Is it chromed or blued? Can't tell from the pics.

Lobo---We need some more info. Caliber? Where is this gun?...private sale...gun auction. Can you put your hands on it or is it pics only/sale via mail. Help us out with more info. Tracy

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
I've never seen a gun with the serial number in an inset panel like that. Almost could be a case of the original number being machined off, and a new one stamped? I'd say it's not Colt, and not G.I.

RickB, I once saw an old Federal frame with the same inset serial number set up, but this doesn't look anything like that Federal.

To the OP, take some pictures of the inside bottom of slide, where you'd find inspectors proof marks, it might give us an idea.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I forgot to call attention to the slide stop. Poor angle, but is it reinforced?
Kur

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
To the OP, take some pictures of the inside bottom of slide, where you'd find inspectors proof marks, it might give us an idea.
Take the grips off. See what's stamped underneath. Tracy

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
If lobo doesn't respond soon, I'd almost think it was a plastic gun and today is really April's Fools Day. Tracy

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
O.K., look at the top pic, the Nickel looking one.
That little thing viewed through the gap between barrel and slide? Looks like a cartridge rim? That looks like an actuator in a CO2 gun.
It would cycle the slide with each pull of the trigger.

It could just be in fun, most of the OP's posts are in revolvers.
A Christmas test? Ho, Ho, Ho type of thing?

Kur

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am going to meet the guy tomorrow and put my hands on it. It is a 45 and he said it was custom built for his dad years ago. Not real sure of the finish but I will have a better idea tomorow. Is there anything I should be on the look out for? Thanks for the info so far.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Also is it just me or does the ejection port look like it was lowered a little to much? It really has my curiosity up. I have had many 1911's but this one is defiantly different from the pics he has sent me. I had not even noticed the strange slide stop .

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
Slide stop is just a generic extended version. Tracy

·
Registered
133 Posts
Unless I'm sadly mistaken, those two pics at the top are not the same pistol. If you look at the front sight the inset is red in one and white in the other.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Unless I'm sadly mistaken, those two pics at the top are not the same pistol. If you look at the front sight the inset is red in one and white in the other.
I mentioned that in reply #2, but no one seems know if it is a camera or light thing, or what.
I'm hoping the OP will shed some light on things today.

Kur

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
I think that is the lighting...chrome one pic, blued next pic. Same sights, same grips, same grip screws, same trigger, same slight cutout on the bottom of the trigger guard just forward of the trigger. Tracy

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,344 Posts
O.K., look at the top pic, the Nickel looking one.
That little thing viewed through the gap between barrel and slide? Looks like a cartridge rim? That looks like an actuator in a CO2 gun.
That looks to me like a reflection off the concave relief of the port?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts