1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am getting ready to buy a new 1911.i am also going to buy a new holster, a galco.i know the holster i want but i can't remeber the name of the style i want.i thought i heard them called bikini holsters, i'm not sure.but it has no thumb break, and the barrel sticks out the bottom.the only other way to describe it that i know of is its like the one chuck norris uses on walker texas ranger if anybody knows the name of this holster please let me know so i can get one ordered.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Are you talking about the yaqui slide? If so, maybe you should check out Tony Kanaley's NP-1 and NP-2 http://www.miltsparks.com/nelsons_patriot.htm

I was going to buy a yaqui slide buy I got a kytac bravehart IWB to hold off my need for the NP-1 while I await it's delivery. u can get the bravehart from www.skdtac.com It's pretty nice, it conceals well and I can barely tell its there. It is so comfortable I don't think I will really even wear the np-2 I ordered. Only when I know I will be wearing a concealing garment like a jacket or vest. Even then the IWB is so comfortable I might wear it anyhow just because then I can take off the concealer and not worry abou it.

Matt

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats a little over my budget.but looks real nice.i'm not sure if thats the holster i am thinking of or not.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Dear hulkmag, I'm sure you've already visited there but http://www.usgalco.com/ has a number of slide holsters like you described on the site. Just click on the picture for a larger view. I apologize if you've already been there. Stay safe, Gary

------------------
What I want most from the government is to be left alone. GWT

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
Just a little info, I had a Yaqui Slide from Galco for my Kimber. It always seemed to snag the front sight on the front edge of the holster if I wasn't consciously thinking about not doing it. Personally, I like the holsters that cover the entire front of the gun. Just a little something to think about.

------------------
"Double-action in an auto pistol seems to me an ingenious solution to a non-existent problem." -Jeff Cooper G&A mag Oct. 1973

1 - 6 of 6 Posts