1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Great forum here!!

I just fired my 2004 Practical. Nice gun and very accurate to boot!

However I have a question about it. After firing about one hundred rounds of wwb and magtech through it, the slide kept locking open on just about every other round. I just thought it was just dirty and after cleaning it and relubing the gun, it was just as finicky. A little dissapointing to say the least.

the magazines I used are the 13 rounders with the pachmayr basepads and the small spring on the bottom.

Is this just a mag issue or is there something else I should look at??

Thanks in advance.

MoCop

·
Registered
825 Posts
That sounds a little like accidently engaging the slide lock/release to me. I would suggest shooting again keeping extra sure you don't have any fingers, palm, etc. near the lever. Without the lever being manipulated, and rounds still in the mag, I can't see what would make the slide lock back.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
That sounds a little like accidently engaging the slide lock/release to me. I would suggest shooting again keeping extra sure you don't have any fingers, palm, etc. near the lever. Without the lever being manipulated, and rounds still in the mag, I can't see what would make the slide lock back.
When I first shot mine, my natural place for my left thumb to sit was right on top of the forward part of the slide stop. That'll do it every time. As soon as I learned to put it underneath it, on that little bit of frame, then I had no problems. Other guys I let shoot it had the same problem and that's because their grip is very similar to mine. It took a little while to get used to putting it underneath, but now, it feels just fine. And doesn't lock open. On my M9 I have the opposite problem. Hehehhehehehhehehe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts