1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There have been several posts lately about a source of cheap but quality ammo(myself included). I have found a ammo source that has good prices and more importantly, provides free UPS ground on all orders above $25 or $30. I have to check on that. I do know I ordered 3 boxes of PMC .45 ball @11.85 a box and got free shipping. Putting only two boxes in the shopping cart resulted in a $4 shipping fee. So anyway, I thought having a source for ammo that did not require a case purchase to get free shipping might be of interest here.
I would like to contact this Co. and see if they would provide a further discount on ammo prices for members of this board. I of course would only do so with the approval of whoever owns this board. I also need some info on the kind of volume this board might generate for this deal. Any idea of how many members there are? How do you guy's and gal's feel about this? Let me give you some prices to compare:
PMC .45 ball-11.85
S+B .45 ball-10.85
magtech .45 ball-11.10
wolf .45 ball-9.30
Cor-Bon ranges from 13.60 to 13.85 bx of 20

These seem to be good prices to me considering you do not need to purchase a case to get them. Before I take this any further can I get some feedback on this?

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Well, as for Member here... The Main Forum page lists 4375 as the current number...

As for approval from the Owner of the Board, that would be Jason, and he can certainly respond, but you'll need to send an email to him, and wait, he's usually pretty busy...

For something like this though, if you're just trying to work out a discount for the member's here, I don't think it would be a problem. You don't really need the Blessing of anyone, just work the Discount out, and Post the Company, and Info in the For Sale, or Ammo forum's. I'm betting the company won't... They are probably having no problem selling inventory, if something doesn't move quick enough, then they may do a quick Discounted sale, but depending on how the Company is structured, and the Margin's they are working with (and with Ammo, it not that big), the chances of much dicounting seems thin.

The prices you listed are okay, though the Wolf is kinda high, many might find the S&B the most value though... The PMC is high, but the MagTech is equally inexpensive. Of course, the Free Shipping is the best aspect of the deal for anyone buying Mail Order.

Many member's here shoot so much, they either buy by the case, or reload, so while it's nice to have a source for Partial case purchases, it may not get lots of interest.

So long as Shipping is free, and it's an out of state source, for most, then there's no Sales Tax, so you can figure what the Case price is by multiplying by 10 (500 round case) and comparing prices...

You could definately post the Company Info now, even with a 3 box minimum for no shipping, I can see some people taking advantage of the option...

Thanks again, and please post the Company Name, and Info.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Prices seem good, but not great. I've bought manufacturer hardball at my local retailer for the $11/box range with my club discount. I've also gotten S&B on line in lots of 500 for $9.40/box including shipping and have reordered S&B at just under $10/box.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jaydee-you are correct sir...ixnay on the discount. I gave it a shot anyway. Maybe you can add them in the link section for the guy's anyhoo.
SRF37-Yes there are better prices but a lot of us dont need 500 rounds at a time and if you factor in free shipping on any order over $25(verified that)but less than a case, its like getting another buck off the per box price. Right?

They are Ivanhoe discount warehouse in the peoples republic of Mass.

ivanhoeoutlet.com
1-888-811-2224

Nice folks too.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Last time I stocked up on the PMC I paid only about $5 a box. The most I have ever paid for it was $8. So the 11 seems to be a little expensive to me.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DOH!!!!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
You might want to contact Eric at ammoman.com and see if he can work with us. He has good prices and free shipping.

I buy 1000 rounds a month from hin and have been very happy.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
<><> Lupey, where did you get PMC .45 for $5.00, or even $8.00 a box. And do they ship out of state? A link would be helpful.
Thanks
==================
<><> Raspy <><>

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ordering PMC 230 gr. FMJ through Miwall, I last paid 9.95 per 50rd box - if I ordered by the case. By the time I add shipping, though it's 10.20 a box. Not bad if I want a case ($199). Ivanhoe looks like an alternative for those times when I don't want to buy an entire case. .45 ammo here is not cheap. Wal-Mart has great 9mm prices, but they very rarely have any .45 ammo. You're paying between $14-$17 if you buy at the range or other places here. Guess I am going to have take up reloading for my next hobby.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts