1911Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the magazine springs on all of my Wilson officer's magazines. What is the best source for replacement springs? Wilson Combat only lists the springs as a combo with the follower- they are $7.95 each!

Wolff does not list any springs for Wilson mags.

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
How do the Wilson springs differ from other .45 magazine springs? I would think that any Officers ACP magazine springs should work in Wilson magazines.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
MOLON LABE
Leonidas c 480 BC
FFF

·
Registered
27,686 Posts
Call Woolf's. A crusty old gunsmith once said they have springs for Wilson mags but they don't list them. They are supposedly extra power also.
Bill

------------------
"What most of these people need is a good slap upside the head. What I don't need is any more lawsuits." John "The Tooz" Matusak

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
www.natchezss.com will have them for $6.93, but they are currently out of stock.

Part of the reason Wilson sells the followers with the springs is that the polymer (plastic) followers are what help assure propersliding, hence proper functioning, of the mags. It is good to replace the follower with the springs as the followers do eventually wear out.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Any Officer's mag spring will work in the Wilson mags.

Wilson supplied mags springs are Extra Power Wolff springs.

You can buy the kit from Wilson, complete with new follower, you can buy just a sping also if you wish, or you can buy 10 packs from Wolff, Brownell's or practically any other major supplier.

Personally, I would not put anything but Wolff manufactured springs into my Mags, and my Guns. YMMV!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Why not call Wilson ?
I'm sure they stock springs for their own magazines.
It could only be a few bucks more than anywhere else.

·
Registered
850 Posts
For what it's worth, I just got 4 1911 springs with followers from Wilson for $4.95 each.

These guys are great to deal with too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts