1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wilson doesn't sell them and Brownell's is out. Do you know where I can get a set of 4?

Thanks, Bill

------------------
"What most of these people need is a good slap upside the head. What I don't need is any more lawsuits." John "The Tooz" Matusak

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
I don't know if Midway shows them in their new Gunsmithing/Parts catalogue or not. http://www.midwayusa.com

And I don't know if Kings offers them either but here is their url: http://www.kingsgunworks.com

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
MOLON LABE
Leonidas c 480 BC
FFF

[This message has been edited by Jim V (edited 08-18-2001).]

·
Registered
27,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jim
No and no, but thanks for trying.

Bill

------------------
"What most of these people need is a good slap upside the head. What I don't need is any more lawsuits." John "The Tooz" Matusak

·
In Memoriam
683 Posts
Whatever you do, don't buy the Slim Tech grip screws if you're using the Navridex thin grips. The heads of the Slim-Tech screws are too large to fit in a standard grip screw hole. If you're using Slim-Tech or Wilson slimline grips they'll work fine.

When I ordered my Navridex slim grips from Brownells, they recommended the Slim-Tech grip screws (all they carried at the time) but the screw heads were so large, they would not fit into the grips. I called Wilson's, explained my problem, so they sent me a set of screws and bushings (they only had them by the set)but they turned out to be identical to the Slim-Tech. Finally, I called Chip McCormick Corp, and the set they sent me fit just fine. The CMC set also included a torx tool, as that's what their screws are made for.

------------------
Roger Shambaugh
Ottawa, Kansas

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
I really like CMC's thin grips, but unlike Iceman, I have never heard of them for $10 a set. CMC sells them for $55 as I recall. You can get them from Natcheszz.com for about $40, but I don't know that you have the option of choosing a particular color or to get blued versus stainless grips.

The CMC people are quite nice and if you call with an order, they will try to get you the color you want. We have CMC thin grips on 3 of our guns and like them a lot.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Originally posted by Double Naught Spy:
I really like CMC's thin grips, but unlike Iceman, I have never heard of them for $10 a set. CMC sells them for $55 as I recall. You can get them from Natcheszz.com for about $40, but I don't know that you have the option of choosing a particular color or to get blued versus stainless grips.
I think he was talking about just the screws/bushings sets.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts