1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does Bullseye do for practice/target loads ? and since I havent bought any for a few years, whats the going price on a 4# container ? Thanks

Ive always used Bullseye for my 38/357 practice loads, but now Im also doing 9m/45ACP

[This message has been edited by CockedandLocked (edited 10-17-2001).]

·
Registered
352 Posts
I use Bullseye for my practice loads and really like it. You don't want to know what we pay for it here in Alaska.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
C&L - Where I live, Bullseye is about $35 Canadian a pound (whats that about $20 US?) Anyway, when I use it - 4.9 grains with a 200 gr SWC. Very accurate and mild recoil.

My favourite load, though, with Hercules(Alliant) powder is 5.2 gr Red Dot with 200 gr SWC. Try that one, if you come into some Red Dot. Way better than Bullseye! Best, NAA.

------------------
Colt 1911: Best damn "Government" in the World!

·
Registered
259 Posts
I really don't like how dirty Bullseye is, but it sure works. I get really nice accuracy with 5.0 grs and a 185gr Hornady Jacketed SWC when seated to the COL suggested in the Hornady book. It throws a pretty accurate 200gr lead SWC with the same charge. A pound goes a long way at this rate.

The last batch of Bullseye I bought was on closeout for $29.97 a 4-pounder (in Wisconsin). I bought two. Regular price should be around $50-55.

If you live in the Midwest, you should regularly check the Gander Mountain stores. When they closeout reloading components, they really chop down the prices. I'm gonna miss that place.

You are right, Doug, the prices up here take your breath away.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I agree with the above post that it is dirty, but in my Baer PII, it is the most accurate. I shoot 4.8 or 4.9 grns of bullseye with 230 fmj's as my standard round. 1.272 COL with Starline brass and CCI300 primers.

------------------
10mm and 357 Sig; the best things since the 38 Super!

·
Registered
129 Posts
5.0 grains of Bullseye is my favorite .45 ACP load behind 230s or 200s, with either lead or copper plated bullets. Nice shooting load. Take care.

------------------
"Quid hoc ad aeternitatem?"

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 10-19-2001).]

·
Registered
690 Posts
I'm happy with Win 321, but I think Vhitavuri is probably one of the cleanest.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts