1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new PM9 and love it! I'm considering a Nelson conversion kit for it, but it sounds like the ejector will need to be filed on for the conversion slide to fit. Not too keen on messing up my new gun that so far has run perfectly. Would this be a bad idea? Can anyone show me where on the ejector one needs to remove metal?
Thanks,
Jeff

·
Premium Member
7,347 Posts
Mine's not on a DW frame ...

I have a new PM9 and love it! I'm considering a Nelson conversion kit for it, but it sounds like the ejector will need to be filed on for the conversion slide to fit. Not too keen on messing up my new gun that so far has run perfectly. Would this be a bad idea? Can anyone show me where on the ejector one needs to remove metal?
... so may not be much help. But in my 9mm frame, the ejector required no adapting. It's on a Kimber "Stainless Traget II", 9mm frame.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey guys, how has your 9mm worked since filing down the ejector height? I have a RIA in 38 super/9mm and am considering getting the Advantage Arms kit.
thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,347 Posts
Aa

Hey guys, how has your 9mm worked since filing down the ejector height? I have a RIA in 38 super/9mm and am considering getting the Advantage Arms kit.
thanks!
When I wore out my first AA 1911 kit, I bought a 2nd. The 2nd is not nearly as good; accuracy roughly comparable but less in reliability. So I couldn't use it for speed drills and other drills for practicing for practical matches. Upon reaching that conclusion, I researched here on 1911forum; and was soundly recommended to a Nelson. Good call!

For best accuracy, I'd go with a Nelson. Break it down and oil @100rds and it can do everything well. But I have a Kimber for long drills because it doesn't need as much cleaning/oiling. It'll eat a brick without stopping.

·
Registered
80 Posts
When I wore out my first AA 1911 kit, I bought a 2nd. The 2nd is not nearly as good; accuracy roughly comparable but less in reliability. So I couldn't use it for speed drills and other drills for practicing for practical matches.

For best accuracy, I'd go with a Nelson. Break it down and oil @100rds and it can do everything well. But I have a Kimber for long drills because it doesn't need as much cleaning/oiling. It'll eat a brick without stopping.
You wore it out? That doesn't sound promising lol

·
Premium Member
7,347 Posts
Hmmm ... didn’t seem premature at the time

You wore it out? That doesn't sound promising lol
At least a dozen cases of .22LR through that first kit; hadn’t thought to be disappointed until reading your post ... but thinking it through: yeah, I’ve got a few .22LR pistols, including one revolver, with -way- over 100,000rds and going strong.

The AA kit was getting loose here-and-there. Rear sight fell off ... I re-attached, but parts were wobbly; no longer consistent enough for my shooting-for-group; so by that time the kit was relegated to student use (1st timers only shoot 15ft). The steel slide-stop insert had worn loose. Almost everything that wore, were fasteners, e.g. screws. There was a bearing surface that shouldn’t have been one. The rear, top of the slide: the finish wore off early on. Using HV and generously lubing was enough to keep it running. My Nelson doesn’t bear at that area: I still oil it out of habit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.