1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never owned an SA 1911 but am looking. Can you buy a SA 1911 from the custom shop under $1,900?

·
Registered
647 Posts
I'm not sure of the exact prices of the Custom Shop models. There is a price list on the site of work you can have done, and some of them and a new Loaded model would come in under that price.

·
Registered
550 Posts
i would look at a loaded first. 1,900 greenbacks is a lot for a springfield or a kimber at that. just my .50 though. i like my loaded and i think it is a great gun. not to mention the life time factory warranty. of course limtied but none the less. your should check out a operator or a v10 or v12. a guy i see some times at my range bought a v16 and the recoil was very reasonable. the v series porting good get me back into the s.a. market in the future. other then a xd 9mm.........do more research here in the forums!!

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The SA Loaded looks like a very nice 1911, (saw one at a gun store on Saturday). I have a mid range 1911 that I am happy with. Handling an SA Pro and a TGO got me thinking the SA Custom Shop can really put a 1911 together!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Never owned an SA 1911 but am looking. Can you buy a SA 1911 from the custom shop under $1,900?
yes. custom carry(PC9102) start around $1400. the basic competition(PC9301) i think starts around $1600-1800. nice thing about ordering from the custom shop is that you can have most of the guns chambered in other calibers for $100 extra.

my advice is to pickup a custom loaded for around $700-900 and shoot it for a while. then decide later what you'll do with the extra $1000-$1200...you can always send your pistol to the custom shop afterwards for an accuracy and/or reliability job and other enhancement with the left over money...

-kotonk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts