1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well Fellow Coltaholics I had been looking at the WWI repros and was amazed at the prices,, One finally showed up at a local shop, and I went to look at it today, It was unfired and not out of the box except for the pics, Slide not racked till I did... I was thinking it was one of the blue ones, But as it turned out it is one of the 1918 black oxide finish guns,,,,,, I did hem and haw a bit, But I finally deciaded to get it after looking it over real well for the flaws you folks have pointed out, and it is free of any issues,

The cost was $950 out the door,, I think I did okay, But I am sure you will let me know! What did the ser#s start with these model 01918 1911s?
Then on the way home I stopped at a local shop to pick up more of the McCormic mags for $12.00 each, I figured I'de stock a few while this place had them at this price, And sitting there in the cabinet was this lil Colt Mustang Pocketlite Just begging to go home with me,

It was also as new in box with all papers and extra high cap mag,(long) for a great price!
Well it also followed me home,
I HAVE GOT TO STOP JUST STOPPING BY LOCAL SHOPS WHILE I AM IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD!!!! It was on the same road as the other,
Now I have two more to play with,,,,,
And I think I need another safe too!
Hope all your holidays are treating you well!
Peter.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Ya I think I'll go gun shopping tommorow.

ya right. NOT! I wish I had that kind of money.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
i'm sorry,

but we are gonna need more pics of that beauty!!!!!!!

nice find, i would love to come across one when i actually had the cash to get it.. lol..

russel
SDMF

·
Registered
263 Posts
Mr Body Armor,,, who did the work on you pocketlite??? exactly who and how do I get in touch with the guy who did the night sights?
I tried to take some pics, but the sides are tough to capture, I need to play with the lighting, But here are a few pics.

I am going out to test the pocketlite today, But I am not sure about the BANG test of the 1918, I think it is staying home today:grumble: :grumble: :grumble: I am still unsure about bringing it, I have other governments to fire, So it would be nothing new to me, But I am tempted,,, What would you do?
When I get some really good pics I will post them!
Peter.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Shoot it!! I shot mine last sunday. It was very accurate and reliable. Don't "save" it for someone else to enjoy shooting.;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts