1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know you could go to the colt site and get similar pictures, but I wanted to share these. I just picked it up this morning. Simple elegance is how I would describe it. I love the right side of the slide. Slick with no markings. Any finish anomalies are dryness and cellphone related. Disassembly and lubrication tomorrow. Hopefully it shoots as good as it feels. Thanks for indulging me.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Perfect gun. Look forward to hearing how it shoots. I have not seen any blue Combat Commanders in this area at LGS or gun shows. Plenty of stainless, but no blue ones. Congrats on a nice score.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Nice find. I've never had a commander before and noticed these are on the stupid CA roster and have been thinking about picking one up and see what the 4.25" barrel is all about.

How does that GS feel?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Congrats!! I just bought the same thing down here and it looks like we are just a few hundred apart. I hope she serves you well.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Congrats on your new Colt Combat Commander. They have got to be the perfect CCW. They are the "Perfect" combination between not too big and not too small. Plus a perfect in your hand balance. I think you described the Colt Combat Commander very well; "Simple Elegance".

·
Registered
23,227 Posts
They are lovely. I have one I bought new in 2007 which is my current carry. My daughter gave me the grips that are in this picture last Christmas. She said she ordered them off the Colt website.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Funny, while our serial numbers are pretty close my right side says "commander model" while the left side roll marks are the same. Wonder why the difference and which one is the "usual" way it is marked.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Funny, while our serial numbers are pretty close my right side says "commander model" while the left side roll marks are the same. Wonder why the difference and which one is the "usual" way it is marked.
Interesting. I don't know. Can anyone shed any light on this?

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I just got a bonus check that will be going toward a Commander. This thread just threw gas on a fire for me. I'm a die hard full size guy but since we are the last state in the Union to get CCW a blued commander of "simple elegance" is my next purchase. :)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Mine is one Week Old

Mine has 100 rds thru it Zero FTF with different mags and ammo...shot point of aim to 35 yards...I was shocked...this was at tin cans just plinking but it still surprised me...it is now my EDC. The size was Bill Wilson's EDC when he was in a gun shop I was in...They sell Kimbers....but wanted to be a Bill Wilson distributor...2 years later, it's still Kimbers. I have had 2 Defenders, A New Agent and a Kimber 3 inch Carry Ultra...I do like the way Kimber Ramps the Barrel on the 3 inch Aluminum frame...But, The Commander will almost shoot with a GM and the 3 inch units don't pack any better, harder to clean and limited range...(for me 25 yards was a good shot) I quit with the Commander at 35 yards cause I was still 7 for 7.....if it's gonna be much farther in a gun fight, I got time to run to my 30.06, but of course these are Urban guns...I Carry a N Frame 8 shot 357 in the woods with Buffalo Bore Bullets in Moon Clips...158gr, 1475fps, 765 Lb Ft. I'm already way off topic sorry.

3B

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
Interesting. I don't know. Can anyone shed any light on this?
I have seen this before on Colts...according to an Employee of theirs of 15 years...he said sometimes one slips thru...In at least one case it added value to the unfired Gun. According to the dealer, Colt wanted it back. Also, there were no roll marks on either side now that I recall.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
That is a very nice pistol, Enjoy.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I have seen this before on Colts...according to an Employee of theirs of 15 years...he said sometimes one slips thru...In at least one case it added value to the unfired Gun. According to the dealer, Colt wanted it back. Also, there were no roll marks on either side now that I recall.
After looking at hundreds of Commanders in the last couple weeks, it seems there are many of them out there with rollmarks on one side only, typically lacking *Commander Model* on the right side of the slide for the 04691 model.

I haven't seen one recently with zero (0) rollmarks on either side of the slide.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts