1911Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added my new SA 1911 Mil-Spec to my CCW today. I need recommendations from you experienced 1911 guys about some good holster options for carry.
Thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
Holster

Milt Sparks, summer special or summer special 2.

I like these better than the VM-2's because they are a little more mobile (just a bit) on the hip. Allowing for slight adjustments when in different positions. Like sitting in various type chairs or driving.

IWB is definitly the way to go though.

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
I have holsters from Alessi, Sparks and Brommerland. Depending on what your needs are I don't think you'll be disappointed with anything from these guys. From what I've read Tucker, Rosen and Kramer are also excellent holsters but I don't own one. All my holsters at the moment are IWB but I think my next holster will be an OWB Tucker because they're just to pretty to hide. :)

·
Registered
445 Posts
Alessi, Tucker and Brommeland

...........are all excellent. That being said, I really love my Milt Sparks Versa Max II. I have one for my Kimber Ultra CDP Elite Sts II (see attached pic) and I have ordered another for my Kimber Custom Classic.

Attachments

·
Registered
816 Posts
I'll cast one more vote for Sparks VM-II. My primary carry is a Kimber Compact. It goes to show you that what one person likes, another doesn't. One thing that I like about the VM-II is that once you have it where you want it, it isn't going to move. It's a very stable platform.

Like it so much I just ordered two more for my "sometimes" carry guns, a Sig p232 and a new Glock 19 that I'm quite smitten with.

RJ

·
Banned
2,929 Posts
1911 CCW

If you want great leather, made by an true artist try Horseshoe Leather out of England. HIs 22H sets a standard few holsters can match. My 2 cents anyway.

M

·
0 Posts
I got a Milt Sparks VM II IWB holster a M.S. belt and a M.S. double mag carrier from Lightning Arms Sports out of Oregon.

Everything I wanted they had in stock and their shipping was very fast. I ordered on Monday afternoon and the box was at my door on Wednesday.

http://www.lightningarms.com/

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts