1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just reporting in. I'm a long time lurker here who just joined the loyal order of 1911 and Colt owners Christmas morning when Santa gave me a used by minty 1991 ORM.

These suckers are addictive. I've been a 1911 owner now for three whole days, haven't had chance to shoot it yet, and I am already wondering - which one do I get next?

·
Registered
865 Posts
Yep, that "free" Colt is going to cost you alot of money!:D

Welcome to the club. To paraphrase an old advertisement; "Bet ya' can't own just one."

·
Registered
90 Posts
I also got a used 1991A1 for Christmas. My first!

It looks brand new. ORM, lovely dark bluing, not a scratch on it.
I picked it out myself, but it was my gift from the wife.

Took it out day before yesterday and put my first 100 rds. through it. Winchester 230gr. value pack. Not a single problem. From what I had been reading, I was wondering if it would function as intended, although I thought it certainly should.
It came with 1 McCormick Shooting Star mag, and I bought 2 McCormick Power Mags (8 rd.) They worked fine.

I love it.

I wanted it for a carry piece, but now I'm wondering if I should continue carrying something else to avoid scratches and wear on the Colt.

I'm hooked!

·
Premium Member
20,360 Posts
TD...Where did you get that parking rack?

·
Registered
190 Posts
TD...Where did you get that parking rack?

Picked up a couple of those at the last local gun show. They work well.

·
Premium Member
20,360 Posts
Is there a brand name or contact info?

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
Ditto, Ive never seen one of those before. Of course having empty slots in one of those would drive me nuts. Short drive though. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Oh, I'm definitely enjoying it.

Just sitting here fondling and caressing it, admiring the beauty.

Just don't want to disfigure it.

·
Banned
4,130 Posts
Carbona Blue... welcome to the Colt 12 step program... you have at least 11 more Colts to go! 12 steps wasn't enough for me...

Taildragger... you need some more blue guns dude... you've got room for them too! ;)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Thats what I keep telling my wife !!
Oh, BTW, she really likes the all aluminum rimfire 22 from brand "K"...:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts