1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Special Forces Series

Built for performance and extreme use, our new Special Forces series 1911 pistols have everything you need for serious performance. Featuring our new for 2014 Chainlink III grip treatment, which takes the Chainlink II (golf ball style treatment) introduced in 2013 to a new level of enhancement. The smaller golf ball pattern and high tech machining of Chainlink III improves cosmetic appearance, and maintains a secure grip without being too aggressive. Also included as standard equipment is our new forged slide stop with a serrated lever for positive engagement. The G10 grips are now standard and look fantastic. We think you'll agree that our new improved Special Forces series are the ultimate 1911 handguns for serious use!

Classic Custom Enhanced

The new Classic Custom Enhanced Edition is based on our timeless Classic Custom pistol, and includes hand relief engraving by our master engraver, on the slide only. The Classic Custom Enhanced has all the bells and whistles, and includes those extra enhancements that you don't really need, but really want! The unique slide treatment sets it apart from any other pistol. The sides of the slide are painstaking kept absolutely flat and true with crisp edges, and are then brought to a gorgeous mirror finish by hand, to contrast and enhance the glass bead finished frame. To enhance the beauty and uniqueness of this gun, our master engraver applies an elegant hand relief engraving to the flats of the slide. The top of the slide is flattened and finely grooved to provide a no glare runway effect that naturally guides your eye to the front sight. The rear of the slide is finely serrated 50 lines per inch to match the deep buried adjustable sight and eliminate distracting light reflection. The frame and mainspring housing are elegantly finished with our exclusive Skip-Line checkering. We think you'll agree the Classic Custom Enhanced represents the ultimate in quality firearm craftsmanship at it's finest!

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I like my golf balls to be as big as possible. Aim small, miss small &c

hand relief indeed.

thanks for the post. No danger here.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Looks like I'll be getting a mo' betta Gen III (shelf) slide stop for Christmas...

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One thing I noticed right away with the new Special Forces is that it does not say "Special Forces III" on the slide, like the Special Forces II said "Special Forces II" on the slide this year. So it looks like Ed Brown is dropping the number after "Special Forces". I like that much more.

I think the Enhanced Classic Custom is right at home in the Classic Custom lineup. If I were order one, I'd probably consider getting regular checkering instead of the Skip Line, though. Or maybe the Skip Line would grow on me more.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
One thing I noticed right away with the new Special Forces is that it does not say "Special Forces III" on the slide, like the Special Forces II said "Special Forces II" on the slide this year. So it looks like Ed Brown is dropping the number after "Special Forces". I like that much more.
I agree. It's not software.

I think the Enhanced Classic Custom is right at home in the Classic Custom lineup. If I were order one, I'd probably consider getting regular checkering instead of the Skip Line, though. Or maybe the Skip Line would grow on me more.
Definitively with regular checkering. A 30 lpi option would be nice...

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Not a fan of the look of the new slidestop. Not bashing it from a functional standpoint, I just prefer the more traditional look of the old design.

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
I got that email too.

I wonder if you can get an all stainless with the engraved slide? And skip line the back of the slide to match? Now that would be different an might make me want a third CC.

·
Premium Member
5,753 Posts
Glad to see Ryan got this up, my notice came in on my phone while out with the family Christmas Shopping.

Like what I see, I think an enhanced with 25lpi may be in my future....

Got to hit the horn tomorrow and get some pricing.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Agree with points made above. I like the traditional slide stop.

Good idea to get rid of numbers after SF. I got lucky when I bought mine this year. It had the original SF slide on SFII (golfball) lower.

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got that email too.

I wonder if you can get an all stainless with the engraved slide? And skip line the back of the slide to match? Now that would be different an might make me want a third CC.
That's an interesting idea on the back of the slide.

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Glad to see Ryan got this up, my notice came in on my phone while out with the family Christmas Shopping.

Like what I see, I think an enhanced with 25lpi may be in my future....

Got hit the horn tomorrow and get some pricing.
While you're Christmas shopping, I can think of a couple things you can get me. :D :biglaugh:

·
Registered
12,288 Posts
Thanks for posting that L2R! I must admit, the skip-line checkering looks rather handsome on the Classic Custom Enhanced. The rest of the additions to the lineup are also very well done. But, I still want a stealth gray & black bobbed 5" EE w/FO FS.:D

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Classic Custom Enhanced Edition, Stainless/Blue, engraved slide, $4,995
Special Forces, SS/SS w/ Gen III, Black Sand G10 grips, $2,495
Special Forces, SS/SS w/ Stealth Grey Gen III, Carbon fiber grips, $2,595
Special Forces Carry, SS/SS, Black G10 grips, $2,745

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
I like my skip line and the SFII golf ball. Not too keen on the smaller III. Someone will like it though, as it's nice to have options.

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The only problem with that is that after looking at your sig line I can not imagine what I can get you! LOL

How about a SA Pro?

Should be real soon.....
If you could make that happen, it would be a Christmas miracle. :)

·
Registered
745 Posts
Got the email last night. Ed Brown did good with his 2014 models. The smaller golf ball pattern looks good. However, I don't think the previous golf ball pattern is too aggressive at all.

Does this mean Chainlink I and Chainlink II (large golf ball) are retired?

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
The only problem with that is that after looking at your sig line I can not imagine what I can get you! LOL

How about a SA Pro?

Should be real soon.....

Right there with you in the wait, 21 months and counting now. The balance of my on order Pro is waiting to go out to you Jerry. If it takes only longer I may have to use it towards one of those CC Enhanced models. Good news is that when I talked to the Springfield Rep at SWAT Roundup last month she seemed optomistic in the 24 month time frame not being extended.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts