1911Forum banner

New .45 Fullsize Super Tuned

1179 3
Yesterday I purchased a new fullsize .45 Super Tuned. Polished stainless, Super Tuned engraved on one side of the slide, Novak sights, rear serrations only (my preference), checking on front/rear of grip, commander hammer, sweptup beavertail grip safety, black trigger with adjusting screw and 3 cutouts. Took it to the range and this gun is a tack driver. Not one hiccup. Was a little hesitant to purchase it but the dealer who had it was one I buy from a lot and he swore it was new and had been a safe gun. I had unsurmountable problems with a SA V16 and fullsize 9mm but I must say that this gun is flawless. Just one big hole in the middle of the target!!! Trigger pull is awesome!!! This and my Colt Gold Cup Trophy are going to go head to head next week. I compared the initial targets from both the Super Tuned and the GCT and the one big hole looked the same to me so this is going to be some contest!!!!! I just hope I can be objective and not "throw" the contest since I'll be the shooter...ha ha!!

I like this gun so much that I'll buy another if I can find a NIB at a good price!!! What sold me on it was the rear serrations only. I also liked the Novak sights which I have on several guns. I prefer BoMar but the Novaks were dead on. The dealer had two Super Tuned Champions/V10 or V12 but I prefer the government size.

[This message has been edited by QB (edited 09-25-2001).]
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
856 Posts
Well I guess so...Those are not off the shelf production pistols. They really are tuned from the custom shop pistols! You can't compare the production guns to the custom shop pistols without being a little disappointed in the factory model. What did you pay for those and where are they?

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

!!!Molon Labe'!!!

· Registered
67 Posts
I just bought a Supertuned through gunbroker.com. I haven't fired it yet but it looks promising. Trigger is crisp and the overall slide to frame fit is very tight. I'm really looking forward to the first range session. Mine is nearly identical to what you described except for Novak sights. I may replace those with Bomars depending upon point of impact. Take care and happy shooting. I'll give some feed back on my Supertuned next week.

------------------
Those willing to trade freedom for security get neither.

· Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alaska1993 - I edited my previous post to correct the statement that my Super Tuned had BoMars. It has Novaks, just shoots as if I had BoMars!!! I just can't keep my guns straight these days! My GCT has BoMars and I love those sights but must say the Novaks on the Super Tuned are dead on. I have Novaks on my Beretta Elite IIs and my HKs so I am somewhat familiar with them. I guess the BoMars (low mount like on the GCT) won't fit on the Super Tuned without milling the slide and I'm not willing to do that. This gun isn't going to be touched (except for me shooting it of course).

Can't wait to hear about your range experience.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.