1911Forum banner

New 9mm Norinco

12275 Views 44 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  CanuckZ
Just received my new 1911 9mm Norinco. If someone could tell me how to post some photos, I could show and tell this first run feature. Only in Canada.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

· Registered
7,595 Posts
One way to post a photo I guess would be to have them on one of the photo storage web sites and to provide a link to the "pages" in question.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
MOLON LABE
Leonidas c 480 BC
FFF

· Registered
1,030 Posts
Everyone finding new Norinco's but me
Congrats & would like to see some pics

------------------
The path of the rightous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish
and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and justice
shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness for he is truely his brothers keeper
and the finder of lost children and I will strike down upon thee with great vengence
and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brother and you will know
my name is the Lord when I lay my vengence upon thee

· Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Gun is called 1911 NP-29 and comes in 9x19mm, has beavertail safety, extended slide release and thumb safety, Hogue type wraparound grip, commander hammer. What a deal for $350 cdn or around $230 US. Writing on slide is laser etched and difficult to show.

· Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Got it from Milarm Edmonton, AB. The photos are as issued from the factory. They are original Norinco rubber groove grips. BTW, the ejection port is flared and enlarged too. I think Norinco is reaching out to the IDPA/IPSC fraternity and I'm glad.
Originally posted by n2299:

I'm from Ont too.

If you don't mind me asking.. where did you get your Norinco?

BTW are those original finger groove grips?

· Registered
819 Posts
Milarm... I should have guessed.

I saw Norinco listed in their product list. I just might order a .45 Norinco one of these days.

FWIW I ordered a Sig 220 from Milarm last month. They were great to deal with.

· Registered
7,595 Posts
Spock, when you get a chance, post a range report, either here or in RANGE REPORTS. If you post in Range Reports, also let us know here. Thanks.

This is great, actual traffic in NORINCO.... Wow.....

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
MOLON LABE
Leonidas c 480 BC
FFF

· Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
JimV
Will do. I'm going out today and give her a trial run. I had to smoothen the two original magazines up. The followers and magazine lips needed a little attention. After loading four rounds the followers would catch on the mag release cutouts and the lips were cutting into brass making feeding sticky. A little dehorning and that was sorted out. Of course my Shooting Star .38 Super mags are flawless. The rubber grips have been replaced with walnut checkered and flat mainspring housing installed. Next thing is a long trigger when it arrives and trigger job. All these changes are to fit my hands.

· Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here's the first trial run on NP-29 Norinco 9mm:
Fired 200rds of handloads and Win 115grFMJ and no FTF or FTE.
Accuracy is good, but the trigger pull is horrible. The best I could manage with it at 25 yds was staying in the 10, 9 of a B-27 target. The occasional 8 would pop up from the heavy trigger, still not bad from the box. Better than some previous Colts I've owned.
I drifted the sight slightly right and point of aim is dead on.
Ejector was slightly loose before firing and still is. That will get fixed and a Videcki trigger with a trigger job.
More testing when the gun returns in a few weeks.
Over all, I'm impressed. Well worth the money and worth upgrading. A well made, reliable 1911. Well done Norinco! :) spock

· Registered
92 Posts
Just got my new Norinco NP 29. Finish is slightly sub other guns I have, but it seems tight and trigger not bad at all. Sights are just alright but will have to try it at the range this weekend. Sure get lotsa extra stuff for $399 (CAN) for a new gun like extended safety and slide release, beavertail grip safety and commander hammer, 2 mags and case. I may replace grips, trigger, and perhaps sights in future. Just can't help tinkering!

· Registered
92 Posts
Will send range report shortly. I got it from Lever Arms. They were very good to deal with, but UPS on the shipping side is not so great! Arrived in Winnipeg from Vancouver in 2 days, but took 4 more days to deliver, still within UPS "economy" time limit (6 days. Canada Post would have been faster!

· Registered
92 Posts
Well, had the Norinco at the range today as well as my BHP Mark III.

The Norinco was shot with Winchester 115 FMJ and my reloads (4.1 grs of 231 and 125 gr. hard casr round nose sized .357). The Norinco shot very well and is slightly more accurate than my Browning (1"-1.5" at 15 yards) and is sighted dead on. Trigger is OK, but a longer lighter one may be in order. There were no FTF or FTE with factory ammo.

I did have a few FTF and FTE with my reloads, but what was disconcerting to me was the flattening of the primers with the reloads only in the Norinco. No signs of this from the Browning. I suspect the barrel is tighter on the Norinco and this may be whats causing the higher pressures. I will try some reloads with FMJ bullets.

Otherwise, the gun impressed me and others at the range who looked and/or shot it. I only fired 100 rounds today (90 factory, 10 reloads due to the primer situation)and will keep this gun as a backup to my HP which is still number one for me.

· Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
tobin

Just got my NP-29 back from the smith. I had a Videcki long trigger installed, trigger pull is now crisp at 3lbs. Action job was done to smoothen it out some. Not really needed but nice to have everything tricked out. I installed a flat mainspring housing, one piece recoil spring rod guide and diamond checkered walnut grips. It will group 1" to 2" at 25yds. Damn, I'm pleased.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.