1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted a Ploy framed striker fired sub compact to round out my small collection. After looking at everything, and shooting several, the Gen 4 G26 just checked all the right boxes. It joins a DA/SA CZ P-01 and Para USA .45 1911 (SA). Wondering what will fill the 4th spot now? .357 Revolver? :scratch:

Cleaning her up tonight and likely hitting the range tomorrow.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I'm not into Glocks, but it I were to buy one, the G26 is the model I'd probably get. Congrats and good luck with your new addition!

·
Registered
71 Posts
My Gen4 26 is my EDC and my backup at work. If you put good sights on it you will be surprised how well this little gun performs.

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
Nuthin' wrong with a Glock 9mm.

I have never come close to understanding the how or why someone would feel the need to own a polymer striker fired pistol to add to their 'collection'. It's a pretty common statement that I see online a lot. I like to buy accurate guns with good triggers. I don't care how they work, I just wanna like 'em...

A random mish-mash of pistols is not really a collection...

·
Registered
771 Posts
I learned to shoot with Glocks and eventually went to the 1911 because I got horrible slide bite with the Glocks. I kept the Gen 3 Glock 26 that I shot decently, but never liked carrying it in the warmer months due to the slide bite issue when drawing from the holster. I tried out a Gen 4 Glock 26 with the "2" Beavertail backstrap and wow, what a difference! My Gen 4 Glock 26 followed me home on Monday :) Now I gotta get rid of the Gen 3 Glock 26! I had the Trijicon HD sights with orange ring installed on mine, love the sights! Ameriglo has a similar set with a single dot on the rear sight.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Gee this is odd, your G26 looks just like "my" G26. ;)

I got a good deal on a 50 round Glock drum mag, now there's a funny sight, a G26 with a 50 round mag. LOL :)

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Good pics, OP. I like gun and knife combos. What kind of watch is in the pic?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Good choice! Over the years I have had several 3rd Gen Glocks and the 26 and the 17 are the two that I have kept. I shoot the 1911 style pistol a bit better, but I have never had a problem with the Glock. Not picky about ammo or magazines, they have just plain worked for me.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Thanks for the warning in the header there OP, wouldn't want to be surprised by any Glock content ;)

Looks like a nice gun though I don't know how I'd feel about such a short grip. Give us a range report when you shoot it!

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
I swear that some men are worse than women when posting photos showing knives, watches, etc. :scratch:

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
That is one sexy 1911.

Really good looking photos all around. But I have to start to wonder if you guys are into marketing or are trying to sell knives or watches on the side or something, lol. :cool: ;)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I swear that some men are worse than women when posting photos showing knives, watches, etc. :scratch:
I'm an unapologetic picture whore on the forums, isn't that part of the fun? :biglaugh:

Gun forums are less so than Watch forums that's for sure.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Thanks for the warning in the header there OP, wouldn't want to be surprised by any Glock content ;)

Looks like a nice gun though I don't know how I'd feel about such a short grip. Give us a range report when you shoot it!
Thanks, and the short grip is not really an issue, as I also thought it might be. It's a soft shooter and once you get some shots through it, it just works fine in the hand. I did get some Pearce grip extensions, to try them out as well. Easy to replace the mag base plate with the new extension that let's you get your pinky on there. You get the Mags so I changed one last night and I'll see how i like it at the range in a few hours.

Now if you had the sub compact .45 or .40 Glock, it might be a different story, haven't shot one in those calibers.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts