1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a New Agent in 45 ACP for years with the grip laser. I have taken it to the rage several times but never really carried it. It still has the stickers attached to the frame.

I rotate my DW Guardian. Walther PPS model 1 and a micro desert eagle 380 depending on weather and circumstance. My holster in a N82... which I highly recommend btw.

As I am getting older the benefits of a grip laser are becoming more and more intriguing. I would be interested in hearing the observations of those who carry the New Agent...especially those that also carry other makes and models of pistol.

Thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have had a New Agent in 45 ACP for years with the grip laser. I have taken it to the rage several times but never really carried it. It still has the stickers attached to the frame.

I rotate my DW Guardian. Walther PPS model 1 and a micro desert eagle 380 depending on weather and circumstance. My holster in a N82... which I highly recommend btw.

As I am getting older the benefits of a grip laser are becoming more and more intriguing. I would be interested in hearing the observations of those who carry the New Agent...especially those that also carry other makes and models of pistol.

Thanks
I had a Kimber RCP that I carried for about a year or so.

The RCP is the Kimber version of the New Agent, complete with a 3" barrel, gutter sights, and aluminum officers frame.

I had Crimson Trace laser sights on this pistol so it is about the same set up as yours. The laser sights were right on the money out of the box.

I got to be very effective at quick point shooting with minimal practice. This method seemed to address my most likely confrontation scenarios. I became comfortable with the set up knowing that my bullet was going to hit the target right where the red dot was. Even fired from the hip.

Practice is the key.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have a New Agent TALO model in 45 that’s in my EDC rotation. If I feel like something nicer than the XDs, but not quite the Wilson Combat Pro, it gets selected. For social encounters it would get the job done. It can be a handful at the range, but 2 mags of defense ammo if needed wouldn’t be an issue.
No lazer on mine, but I do like the intimidation factor. Something about that red glow on a perps chest just takes the fight out of them.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a New Agent TALO model in 45 that’s in my EDC rotation. If I feel like something nicer than the XDs, but not quite the Wilson Combat Pro, it gets selected. For social encounters it would get the job done. It can be a handful at the range, but 2 mags of defense ammo if needed wouldn’t be an issue.
No lazer on mine, but I do like the intimidation factor. Something about that red glow on a perps chest just takes the fight out of them.
excellent point about potential deterrent factor of the laser... thanks

·
Registered
846 Posts
Without sights, I limit mine to an occasional back-up role. Eventually I'll get sights on mine. I just don't like the point shooting idea. I guess a laser grip might be easier than adding sights.

I did put some orange nail polish in the front of the channel, but haven't taken it out to shoot yet. I was also thinking about gluing a piece of Fiber optic into the front of the channel. Or adding a gold shotgun bead.

Just haven't gotten around to doing anything yet.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
There is one in our LGS, but I can't get used to no sights on a handgun. I guess the groove would be usable up close?

·
Registered
45 Posts
With practice it's surprising how well one can shoot with the gutter sight. And relatively quickly too. And as far as a concealed carry 1911, a sightless new agent is about as good as it gets if you have a reliable one.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I carried one for about two years. I could easily hit where I aimed at 10 yards- and yes, you can aim these things. The rear portion and front portion of the trench line up for an effective, fast sight picture.
I ended up selling it (and tons of others) a few years back to pay bills, but I just replaced it a couple weeks ago.
Coincidentally it is the Crimson Trace model.
I'm planning on getting it to the range tomorrow, and pending performance, it will be my new EDC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts