1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see the new 9mm ammo listed one day on the net then go to buy it the next day and its all sold out already. I never seen ammo sell out so quickly.:confused:

·
Administrator
13,327 Posts
It's been going on for a year now .

·
Registered
326 Posts
Californians will be buying tons more over the next year until the new law takes effect.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I see the new 9mm ammo listed one day on the net then go to buy it the next day and its all sold out already. I never seen ammo sell out so quickly.:confused:
Have you been out of the country since last November?:confused:

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Yes... You really have to buy it as soon as you see it these days.. Ron
I agree Most places discount places {wal mart / chain sporting goods places} have a limit of 5-6 boxes.

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
I thought the rush was supposed to be slowing down, but I haven't seen .45 or .38 special in stores yet. I'm thinking of buying a gun chambered for .44 mag or .357 SIG since that's the only ammo I ever see, besides .22's.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Wow, I was just at my dealer's shop today, and he had a lot of 9mm, 40SW, and .45ACP. The shelves were full, and he even had open cases on the floor for people to pull from. Even had a dozen boxes of .380 Speer Gold Dots!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Ammo is plentiful in my area everywhere except Wal-Mart. Certain calibers like .45 ACP and .380 are hard to find, .380 being almost impossible and goes for $50.00 a box. .40 S&W has never been difficult to find through the whole panic. 9mm was rare for awhile but is now plentiful everywhere (except Wal-Mart). Prices are still too high and show no sign of coming down even with the increased supply. Gunshop prices average here lately about $14-$15 a box for 9mm FMJ (some places charge more like $20 though), about $17-$18 for .40 and .38, and about $22.00 to $25.00 for .45 ACP. Of interest at the height of the panic one place was selling boxes of WOLF .45 ACP for $45.00!!! And people were still buying. :rolleyes:

I know of at least once place in town that is selling Romanian WASR Kalashnikovs for over $700.00. Place needs a news flash, stat.

·
Registered
673 Posts
here in dfw at least where i go--9mm and 40 cal--plentiful at walmart--they even get some hollow points in 9mm and 40 sometimes--but no 45 yet

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
went last night and the sporting goods store here had plenty of everything but still had a limit of 6 boxes.
They did have 50 and 100 rnd boxes of most handgun. Those 100 pack value boxes look good for the price at Acadamey Sports

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
Actually, for the last month I noticed Natchez was able to keep some
brands (target ammo,9mm) in stock for a week or better. I thought things
were improving. Still pricey but I noticed some brands they even knocked a
$1.00 off a 50 round box. Far from a bargain. 50 rounds of their 9mm is
about what 100 rounds of 45 WWB will get you in Wally World. But still
the Natches price did start to go in the right directions so again, I figured
things were getting better........slowly.....but better:)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Here in the Phoenix metro area Wally World has had a few things but Cabellas and Dicks are pretty well stocked. I saw 250 round mega packs of 380 at dicks today and was able to buy 45 acp rem fmj for 19.95/50.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Here in the Phoenix metro area Wally World has had a few things but Cabellas and Dicks are pretty well stocked. I saw 250 round mega packs of 380 at dicks today and was able to buy 45 acp rem fmj for 19.95/50.
Dick's is pricey on most things, but the best deal they have going is for the 45 acp rem fmj for 19.95/50. That is only a buck above Walmart for the same thing.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts