1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a Colt 1911.
Mark IV, Series 80, Stainless Steel, OFFICERS MODEL

However the sights are odd. (See Pic - I can only seem to attach 1)

The rear looks like it has 2 little indents for a whit dot, and the Front has a medium indent that looks like something belongs in it.

Does anyone have pics of what they are supposed to look like?

I would like to make it as close to stock as possible so I can give it to my kid.

Thanks for the assist

Attachments

·
Banned
1,341 Posts
I seem to remember Colt used to have itsy-bitsy white plastic cups inserted into the depressions, and I seem to recall they used to pop out and disappear shortly after purchase of the gun.

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
White 3 dots. Fill in with your desired color or leave black.

If I may... notice the right side of your slide says "Officers ACP". An Officers Model is a revolver.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
The little metal tipped "White Out" bottles work very well for putting in a drop of white.

Bob

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
you can drop by an autoparts store, and pick up one of those tiny bottles of paint designed for touching up car nicks, in white or another color if you wish. Then clean the holes with a gun cleaner, let dry well, and then use a toothpick to put a tiny dab of your paint in them, wipe off what may get on the surface. Let dry well. I touch-up my dot sights from time to time.

I have dot or paint-dot sights on just about of all of my pistols.

All the best....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All my other pistols have XS Big Dot Sights, but I want to keep the Colt as original as possible.

Did the colt sights only come in White?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts