1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FYI:
Them boys over at Wilson have been experimenting again, and brewed up a new color of Armor-Tuff...Khaki (sort of a beige or light tan). I had heard that they have tried this color before, but didn't have much luck with it. Appears that they have got the formula down now and will be offering it as a new color choice. I'll waive my opinion until I actually see it. Got one coming in tomorrow and will post a picture for those that are curious.

Here you go! Interesting configuration to say the least! Perhaps we can call this one the Iraqi Freedom Model?

·
Registered
68 Posts
awesome.
Cool, thanks. It sounds like more and more builders are getting away from "black guns." OD seemed to be the first step in this process, but if you look at where our fine Military is spending most of it's time, Tan & Brown predominate.

Living where I do, I'll stick with mostly green for my stuff. Maybe Wilson will make a "Smoke Green/Alpha Green/Brozine Green" color for customer supplied guns.

B

·
Premium Member
20,303 Posts
I saw an old one in that color...reminded me of baby poop. ;)

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was told that it looks pretty good. It has a serrated slide top and speed chute installed. However, the only part on the frame that is "Khaki" is the frame itself. All parts and pins on the frame are Black Armor-Tuff. Well...you know what they say; "A picture is worth a thousand words".

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hmmm... seems as though a khaki/o.d. green CQB would run the gamut of baby poop. ;)

·
Registered
99 Posts
OK brain damaged, I might have liked a desert tan one but your perceptive baby poop insight was too accurate.

Then of course the existense of a green sub category makes me glad my CQBs are grey.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Well, it seems like tactical poop is the talk of the day here… :rolleyes: :D

M

·
0 Posts
I don't have a baby, can anyone post a link to pictures?

NOT OF BABY POOP either! :rolleyes:

I want to see the new color Armor Tuff.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FYI:
See 1st post above for pic. What do you think? Was told that although it is a new Armor-Tuff color, they will be producing them on a "per order" basis.

·
Registered
312 Posts
KB, thanks for the image, I like it. It isn't stainless and black, which is my favorite two-tone, but nice.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thanks for the pic.

I have two thoughts.

One, ya gotta give credit to Wilson Combat for not being afraid to lead. They are not a me-too player.

Two, sometimes painted guns make me appreciate blued steel.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I think it looks pretty good to me! I like the way the frame is beige, and everything else is black.

I think I still prefer my gray/black scheme though.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I'm into functional color tones for firearms and find the idea of a desert scheme interesting. Black is fine for LE but OD and Desert Drab (DD) would be a good combo for some applications.

That said, I've found a flat charcoal parkerize finish to be quite adequate for many apps. If you need it colored you can use a flat enamel in any color you desire over the parker and the firearm is very well protected. But for those with $$$ to spend on unique items, a light tan Armor-Tuff would be a nice addition.

... and no I haven't used enamel paint on any of mine, not that the paint isn't already on the shelf. My CQB is Black over OD, but I'd've preferred Black over Gray. Never know, I may send the frame in for a color change.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Interesting color - maybe if the slide was dark brown? I've always been jealous that we can't get the grey Armor-Tuff here in California...stupid certification processes...

Actually I'm more upset that we can't get the CQB Rail here because Wilson would have to spend the money to requal a model that's already essentially approved.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow!

I have been saving for a CQB for about 2 months now, but after seeing that one in the black and tan, I may just have to forget the green paper and pull out the evil plastic! I see that KB has that one for sale at the site listed in his signature block, is it still there????:rock:

·
Registered
972 Posts
AZ Husker,

If they put one of their green slides on that thing, and we dropped in the Arizona/Sonora desert, we'd never find the dang thing would we?

(smiley face goes here)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts