1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My .45 acps must have gotten amorous. I have a new 9mm baby.

In real life I emailed Jerry Hammond on July 2nd and placed an order for the just out, limited run, Ed Brown 9mm commander with some options I like. The next day made my only change, the custom serial number. I was told 45 days because of the options. July 31st Jerry had received the pistol, build time 29 days!!! It was at my LGS two days later.
My thanks to Jerry for his time and expertise with another easy purchase.

While the pistol was being built I contacted Dan Chinnock regarding a set of bobtailed grips. Dan's work is exemplary, he has made me many sets that I am proud to own. Though I gave him the 45 day time frame the pistol was here in 27. And he did it again. Dan's my guy for grips and should be a consideration for anyone looking for a custom set.

Just some quick pictures.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Beautiful. I missed the memo about the limited run 9mms.

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
This gun is sheer perfection, Jim. Fantastically optioned. Glad you picked up a skip line.

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Very nice gun! Love Dan's grips on it. I agree with your assessment of his work. I highly recommend his grips also.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Wow that is sharp looking. Congrats and enjoy!!

-Ray

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Great looking gun!

·
Premium Member
5,753 Posts
Wow pretty much covers it!

While Jim as very fine taste in firearms....his taste in grip panels always puts them over the top, outstanding!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Wow, absolutely stunning! Tell me something please. With grips that's beautiful, do they stay on during range time, or do you swap them out before shooting?

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow, absolutely stunning! Tell me something please. With grips that's beautiful, do they stay on during range time, or do you swap them out before shooting?
I shoot with the grips on. Dan has told me all his are shootable, and that has proven to be the case. I did wander off to another maker three years ago, and at the time his were not. I sent them back and got a refund. Dan is who I now use exclusively.

I do take off my ring and watch when range shooting. A little respect for the Woolly who gave me his tooth. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
919 Posts
Well Jim, you did it again. Absolutely nailed it! :)

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Another Home Run! Nice weapon, I thought long and hard about one of those Commanders in 9mm but could not act fast enough. And you know how I feel about Dan CHinnocks grips and work. He is a Master at usable material. I carry, shoot, drop and use ALL my ancient grips daily! i LOVE THAT SKIP LINE CHECKERING!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts