1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The stork is bringing a new member to my family...a new Colt Gold Cup Trophy!

This is my first post, but I've been an enthusiast of the 1911 and all Colts for many years. I can best describe this weapon as the choice of professionals, if they're given the choice of carry gun. I've always owned Colts, but the SA V10 compact caught my eye and I purchased it. The lockup of the sear and hammer at the range reminded me that there is no substitute for a Colt.

One observation: No matter how how good someone thinks their pistol shoots, they're converted to the 1911 when they shoot my Colt and take out the center of the target with 5 shots!

So my plan is to have my trusty Series 80 hard chromed custom rig for blasting away at the range and my Gold Cup to shoot/carry/cherish. I will post a full report on the Gold Cup when I get it!
Now all I have to figure out is how to pull off getting a Colt WWII A1.......

·
Administrator
74,040 Posts
Enjoy your new "kid".
As for a WW2 Colt, there's lots out there. Just make sure you do your homework first. To a novice collector a $600 parts gun and a $1400 mint specimen look about the same.

------------------
D. Kamm
USGI M1911/M1911A1 Pistols Website
http://www.geocities.com/M1911_M1911A1

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info....

I have a line on a 1940 Colt with a story to go with it. The GI who owned it just passed away and left it to my friend.
Is it just me or do WWII Colt 45's feel different in the hand? The left side of the gun is perfect, but the right shows some blueing wear from being stored improperly for 50+ years. The internals, rails, and bore are mint. My friend just lost his job (dot com of course), so I'll be a good friend and buy his 1911A1 from him.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts