1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the info. on break in?? I just traded for a NIB TRS Commanche in Hard Chrome. This is my 3rd Baer (two Premiers, purchased used) and my first new one. The others were broken in when I got them. I've looked through the papers and see nothing about break in. I have heard Baer suggest a 500 round break in.
I must be missing some papers if it is in writting. I have the box, warranty cards, signed certificate, instruction sheet, Baer booklet of Models & price booklet. But nothing on break in procedures. This TRS is less tight than my previous Premiers however it has the 3" at 50yds guarantee. That's pretty good for a 4 1/4" carry gun. Not nearly as hard to rack either. Feels pretty good in the hand. Thanks for responses.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Keep it well lubed and shoot the snot out of it. :biglaugh:

That's the best break in procedure I know.

Good shooting

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
There is no real break-in information packaged with the pistol. The best break-in procedure is to purchase lots of 230-grain FMJ Ball, grab lots of magazines (I use at least 10 for a range session), lube the gun, and shoot it. After you have finished 700 rounds or so, do a field strip and clean.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Congrats on the purchase, I just received my first Baer today, a TRS, and I was wandering the exact same thing! Thnx:rock:

·
Registered
76 Posts
500 rounds down the pipe
Enjoy
Lube every once in a while when wiping it down. (Front site)
Enjoy
Don't clean till you are done with the 500 break in period. Told he puts some cutting oil on the slide to help break it in.
Enjoy!
My TRS is a different animal after the first 500. Purrs like a kitten now.
ENJOY:biglaugh:
istricky

1 - 5 of 5 Posts