1911Forum banner

New beater

2K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  potthawg 
#1 · (Edited)
45 Colt of course. Local copperhead population is not gonna be happy about this. :(

Found this one on an auction site. Owner was closing his shop in California and selling his existing stock on line.

Anyone else like their revolvers single action?

#2 · (Edited)
potthawg said:
Anyone else like their revolvers single action?
I Gotta NM Blackhawk and a GP100 in .357 and have to say I love that SA! Course, I like the DA too, but the SA is just a bit more fun. And, for some reason I shoot better with the Blackhawk, even when I shoot the GP SA. Probably because I take more time.

Take care,
Art

#5 ·
Ajmblazer

Don't want to abuse any of the forum's rules so all I'll say is if a person went to the largest gun auction site (GB) and typed in JOES GUNS as a seller search there's a high probability that he would be enlightened. :)

Thanks Chuck and DON'T ever shoot one unless you have some extra room in your gunsafe. ;)

#6 ·
Hey Art...

Noklue3 said:
I Gotta NM Blackhawk and a GP100 in .357 and have to say I love that SA! Course, I like the DA too, but the SA is just a bit more fun. And, for some reason I shoot better with the Blackhawk, even when I shoot the GP SA. Probably because I take more time.

Take care,
Art

Have you done the ten minute shadetree trigger job on that Blackhawk yet?

Worked this one over before the first round downrange. :cool:

#7 ·
potthawg said:
Don't want to abuse any of the forum's rules so all I'll say is if a person went to the largest gun auction site (GB) and typed in JOES GUNS as a seller search there's a high probability that he would be enlightened. :)

Thanks Chuck and DON'T ever shoot one unless you have some extra room in your gunsafe. ;)
Thanks man. Hmmm, dig the Detective Special...:rock:

#8 ·
potthawg said:
Have you done the ten minute shadetree trigger job on that Blackhawk yet?

Worked this one over before the first round downrange. :cool:
You know, I never did. The trigger on mine is smooth and fairly light as it was...But, I am still going to try it just to see the difference.

Thanks!
Art

#16 ·
Just my .02 cents..

O2BShooting said:
Nice looking piece. I was always tempted to get on of the .45 Birdsheads but never did. To me that would have made a pretty nice packing piece.

O2B
Exactly what I was looking for but the deal I got on the Sheriff was too good to pass up.

#18 ·
I charge $100.00 for this info...

mount 51 said:
What is and how do you do a "10 minute trigger job"? No kidding, I'm interested.Any chance it would work on a new Bearcat also? Thanks.
But today I'll make an exception. :p

1. Remove the grips on your single action Ruger.

2. You will see two spring arms on either side of the grip frame hooked on a post. (this is the return spring system)

3. Unhook one side. (your choice)

4. Cock your piece :)rolleyes: ) and dry fire while putting forward pressure on the hammer at least 100 times. (gloves are your friend)

This will lighten the trigger pull considerably. The dry firing under extra hammer tension will clean up the contact points in the firing components.

This has worked very well for me on several Ruger single actions but your mileage may vary. I don't recommend that anyone make these modifications to their firearms. I'm pointing out what works for me only.

(Gotta be careful in these sue crazy times)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.