1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I am a Beretta whore. Will sell body for Berettas)

·
Registered
674 Posts
Move over Skunka you're workin my corner.

Man that is pretty. Been thinking about a 92F but I think I will wait for this one. That is a very 1911ish back strap. Does anyone know if the current 92F HiCap mags will work in this one?

------------------
The United States Constitution (C)1791 - All rights reserved.

·
Registered
9 Posts
From what I've read, yes, it will take regular 92/96 mags. I have my dealer already trying to get me one. His supplier of Beretta pistols hasn't heard of it yet. The link above though is dated today and states toward the bottom of the page that it will not be availble for another 30-60 days. Can't wait to get my grubby hands on one of those. The accessory rail is the same design as the one on the newer Glocks so my M-3 flashlight will fit on it.

------------------

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Whether you like Berettas or not, it's always encouraging to see a major manufacturer in the firearms industry try to improve upon one of their major selling guns. Hats off to Beretta.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Beretta knows guns. They listened and they delivered. I might buy a Vertec and swap the slide with my Elite II to see how it looks.

·
Registered
152 Posts
NICE!!

------------------
The only thing worse than an idiot is a motivated idiot.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Am I the only one that notices that, in an effort to make this 1985-adopted service pistol more usable, they've made it more resemble a 1911-adopted service-pistol?

(I'm referring to the flattened backstrap).

Now all they need is a great factory single-action trigger pull, ability to engage the safety while cocked, and perhaps an optional single-stack version in 45 acp. ;P

[This message has been edited by Battler (edited 11-06-2001).]

·
Registered
226 Posts
I've always thought a single stack .45 with the beretta design would be a great match-up. Think about that huge, 180 degree ejection port spitting out fat .45 brass. With a single stack they could slim the grip a little, then tack on a frame mounted safety like the Taurus p-92 or the Beretta Billenium and drop the slide mounted safety/decocker. Ohhh, that would be a pistol to wield with pride!! Wanna try the Vertec as well. Can you swap slides and frames with different 92 models? Might be a cheap way to get a 92FS, if I can reuse my Elite frame and just get a FS slide (not that I'd WANT to, but it might be fun
LAter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts