1911Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had ordered the YCS(Mark's term or BH's ?), mag pouch, and a belt from MarkTHG a year or so ago for my USP .45 f and love it!

In case you're not familiar with the YCS (York Concealment System), it's an IWB open top ,and bottom, forward cant holster. But when you remove two screws and the belt loop(s) you simply run the belt through the belt loop slots in the main part of the holster and it becomes an OWB(slide?). It does have a reinforcement at the mouth. And it has just the right amount of leather that protects the back part of the slide and safety from my sweat.

I was trying to order another for my SA Pro and my Kimber GC. But Mark is no longer doing business, I guess. Anyway I contacted Rudy Lozano at Black Hills Leather after hearing that BH made all of Mark's line anyway. I explained my story to Rudy and he was able to get me exactly what I wanted in about 8 weeks. This is my first time carrying a 1911. But I feel safe with the way the leather fits me and my irons. The 1911's are much easier to conceal than that fat HK. Oh and BH made me a dual mag pouch that is a perfect match to the holster and the belt from my previous order.

I do have some Milt Sparks stuff (several)w/belt. A few pieces from Wild Bills. And a few old Safariland and Bianchi pieces. But new leather is very nice indeed. I will see if BH holds up to the heat of the SE and report back with an update.

Just a plug for Black Hills Leather http://www.blackhillsleather.com
because Rudy took my emails and calls as well as answering all of my questions without making me feel like I was wasting his time. Oh yeah and the leather is sweet. Good job Black Hills Leather.

[This message has been edited by Mookay (edited 09-26-2001).]

1 - 1 of 1 Posts