1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night USPS delivered 2 Max Con V's (4" and 5"), a Combat Dress Belt, a single mag pouch and a mag/flash pouch. These are all black, all premium cowhide, and the craftmanship is excellent. I love how the stitching is pulled below the surface of the leather so it won't be worn by rubbing on things. The burnishing on the edges of all pieces is also perfect - they all look like one piece of leather. Also, all pieces including the belt are pre-curved to fit the body. Neat. I did the "wax paper treatment" already as these holsters came tight , but they feel ready to start drawing from. The mag/flash pouch was made by Gary for a Surefire E2e, so I picked one up while waiting for the rig. It fits perfectly in the pouch, and now I'll be able to carry it more than I did before. Now for some pics, and I'll start breaking this stuff in! :D

This is what I plan on wearing the most, along with the belt:

All Brommeland Leather:

Thanks Gary! I hope to do business with you again soon!

Don

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Sweet looking leather. Be sure to post your impressions (especially for the compact MCV), after getting to wear it a little more. Can't wait to order mine! Donations anyone?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Looks great, Bro.

After getting a Max Con V and matching belt, I've now got an order for the mag/flash just to have a complete matching set.

Most comfortable rig i've ever used.

Please post your impressions after some use.

dan
(slydel0kt)

·
Premium Member
3,405 Posts
Great looking outfit, I like my Max Con V as well. BTW, where did you get the grips on that Kimber? Outstanding!

·
Premium Member
20,366 Posts
I must have been a good boy this year...Santa just dropped off a whole new set for me too! :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
My order went in Sunday.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Check me if I'm wrong, but the grips look like alumigrips w/ some custom engraving. Gee, AZ, howd'ya miss that one?:D

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I had been wearing a Spark's VM2 that I bought a few months ago, but I didn't have a good belt and was wearing a Dickies belt from Walmart. It seemed ok, but lately I noticed I was having to "heft" the holster up alot - it just wasn't enough support.

I wore the Brommeland belt today with the 4" MCV and the mag/flash pouch, and what a difference! I was concerned the mag/flash pouch would be uncomfortable, but it just dissapeared and I forgot about it. The holster is very, very comfortable and stayed in place with a proper belt holding it up. It's only been one day, but I give it an A+ so far.

Now to start saving for a Tucker Gunleather rig - Tonerguy, quit showing those pics! Argh! :p

·
Premium Member
3,405 Posts
Thanks Valkman
Yeah, now that I look again I can see they are Aluma Grips. I guess I never saw a set with a design like that. Beautiful set-up. Well at least I now know where my next $90 is going....Sam

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I see from the pics that Gary knows his stuff...the added wing for the shorter barrel helps to reduce muzzle bite...very few makers do that...enjoy your new rigs....

·
Registered
153 Posts
max con v

Hey guys

I saw this posting and am now eagerly awaitimg my belt from gary

I have been carrying my Kimber Ultra CDP in a max con V for the last few weeks at the store (I work retail jewelry--and its the robbing season i mean buying season) with THIN suit pants and a nice 1.25" wide belt and the gun is like its not there

I agree the extra wing is odd at first until you wear it then it is awesome and very comfortable

Jamie

·
Registered
809 Posts
That looks sweet! Don't know that I have any more patience left for waiting on gun stuff though. :-(

Theo

·
Registered
153 Posts
TRUST ME

the wait is more than well worth it

there are no finer holster IMHO on the market for this type of money

I have a box of stuff i should sell so i can buy more from Gary

jamie

·
Registered
141 Posts
How come the holster for the Kimber with the dragon grips look different from the other one? Is that a compact 1911 (Kimber Pro-sized) holster, is that why it has that extra tab? Is the mag/SF pouch a OWB kind? Those look great. I think I may have to get a Max-Con V, since a Versa-Max II takes too long.

Ghost

·
Registered
767 Posts
Yeah Ghost, it helps with the stability. I carry my 5" in a MCV. AZ Husker just received his MCV's, although he normally carries a Commander size gun, he was surprised how well a 5" gun carries in a MCV. He also got a double mag pouch to with his rig. It takes up a little of bit real estate because of its design but because of the pancake style design it really tucks in the mags yet its very comfortable, plus because of the angle it holds the mag, its a more natural motion to draw the reload.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Outstanding!

·
Banned
399 Posts
Hi Guys!
Thanks for all the kind remarks about my work - I really appreciate them.

Ghostshooter:
The flange or tab on the bottom of the 4" holster serves to stabilize it and prevent the weapon from digging into the person wearing it.
A 5" slide has sufficient weight below the belt to off-set the weight of a loaded magazine sitting above the belt in the grip, and it balances perfectly. With a shorter slide, you have the same amount of weight in the grip, but less weight in the slide, producing a top-heavy effect. The flange wraps around the hip/thigh muscles and stabilizes the weapon.
The same is true with the 5" weapon having enough length to lay next to the hip/thigh area, rather than digging in. The shorter weapons tend to "poke" you when seated, and the flange prevents this as well.
I know it's a rather odd lookin' critter, but that holster was introduced over ten years ago, and has been evolving ever since - each of those curves has a purpose, adding up to a very comfortable, stable and concealable holster.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.