1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
I have the FS model, nothing but good things to say about it. My only thing would be to check put the mags that you get from the factory. Ring that sucker out good and get all the kinks worked out.

After that I would say it is a matter of preference to which size you want.

·
Registered
233 Posts
waxahachie just about every one here has been where you at on this issue"
i personally would go with any of the daly's,but if i hade my choice. i would go with the newer modle. there better than the first ones that came out in 98,and another thing is the newer ones for 2001 already has better rearsights and wooden diamond checkered grips.that alone will save you alot of money & troubles down the road. i have a 2000 modle and i have no complants at all.i personalized my .45,its got alot of extras and its been dependable since day one. i have no regreats. like with any gun you buy-take it apart & look over the internals and use dummy rounds to cycle through,that way youll know more about your feedramp and magazines,after you live fire it __IF__ you run across anything you should be able to easly work them out. youll not be sorry if you decide to go with a daly,not to mention youll save money and have enough for ammo to boot.
happy shooting

·
Registered
287 Posts
Heck, I would buy all three models if I had the money! Seriously, the 5" FS or newer model EFS would be a great place to start. The model you would enjoy the most depends on what it will be used for.

·
Registered
249 Posts
i wanted a more or less "classic" 1911. the best value for the money was, is and remains the daly. i've a fs model, which has never failed to feed or fire. and, it's accurate. mcole

1 - 6 of 6 Posts