1911Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new C3 carry yesterday brought the gun home to inspect, clean and lube. Man this thing is extremely tight. Barrel bushing really difficult to take down. I cleaned, oiled, and lubed everything. I like to run a gun wet the first trip out.

During assembly I had a very difficult time with the little lever/pin on the firing pin safety and slide fitment. The lever kept striking the slide. I would hold it down and the slide would still hang on it?? Took me several tries to get her back together.

I have a 238 which has a similar safety and have no problem assembling the gun. I also have a RIA FS tactical 2011 that I and can assemble in 2 seconds.

I assume I'm at fault an it is part of the learning curve of anew gun

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just bought a new C3 carry yesterday brought the gun home to inspect, clean and lube. Man this thing is extremely tight. Barrel bushing really difficult to take down. I cleaned, oiled, and lubed everything. I like to run a gun wet the first trip out.

During assembly I had a very difficult time with the little lever/pin on the firing pin safety and slide fitment. The lever kept striking the slide. I would hold it down and the slide would still hang on it?? Took me several tries to get her back together.

I have a 238 which has a similar safety and have no problem assembling the gun. I also have a RIA FS tactical 2011 that I and can assemble in 2 seconds.

I assume I'm at fault an it is part of the learning curve of anew gun
It needs range time.

I have gotten so I can reassemble mine really quickly but you do have to pay attention to the firing pin safety lever. You'll get the hang of it quickly.

The C3 is a terrific handgun. Mine is reliable as gravity, accurate, and reasonably easy to conceal.

Fitch

1 - 2 of 2 Posts