1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a local store to day to get some ammo. Lo and behold, to my suprise, they had to of the new Loaded Springfield's in stock, a full size and a champion. Both were in parkerized finish.

Notes on the new model:

- No more sharp edges. Though it still has the blocky frame, the previously sharp edges has been very mildly dehorned to prevent painful metal to skin contact.

- Front sight is now dovetailed instead of staked on. It's about time.

- Sights were standard with tritium inserts in 3 dot pattern. Though I prefer the bar-dot pattern, these are certainly serviceable and wonderful considering the price of the gun.

- Slide to frame was good. No noticeable movement at all either laterally or vertically. Barrel lockup with slide in battery seemed tight also.

- You get wood grips not plastic or rubber. Always been the case with the loaded models.

The retail at the store was $689. I'm sure you could find it cheaper if you looked around. Overall, I gotta say that the new loaded models are more appealing than ever. Except for the MSH lock a vast improvement over the old model for a very modest increase in the price. Now if I could just convince my wife that I absolutely have to have that new Champion .45. Well...back to the drawing board.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Mute,
which store did you go to? i'm local in your area (west covina). i just want to check out that new SA GM.

thanks,.. jhunnetaz

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Thanks for the report, Mute...Try this...
I just saw a thing sayin' that men that buy themselves a SA Champion, are scientifically proven to buy their wives gifts of 5 times greater value within the nxt 2 years!

LOL

Good luck on that!!!

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

MWLWN LABE!

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
You musta gone to Tuan's. I was looking at them last week myself. Noticed the dehorn is only on the front and rear of the slide. Not the bottom edge or other areas. Of course the worst places were the front and rear of the slide. Sure liked the park finish.

[This message has been edited by JiminCA (edited 02-20-2001).]

·
Registered
284 Posts
gyp c

Does a new $25,000 car last June count for anything against a new full size Parkerized?

Thanks for the advice

Witherspoon

·
Registered
54 Posts
I stopped by Tuans today, and saw
the 2 SA parkerized (full-size and champion). those guns were sweet

and now i'm drooling for it

[This message has been edited by jhunnetaz (edited 02-21-2001).]

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Witherspoon...

...See...There's the proof+..the guy even buys the gifts BEFORE the parkerized!!!

Amazin' group of considerate guys out there!!!

The women should be flockin' your house as we speak!!!LOL

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

MWLWN LABE!

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Was in Tuan's today and they sold all the champions. Sez he has a 9mm stainless on the way!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts