1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been squirriling away parts for while, trying to find the best of everything I could to build myself a really cool carry gun. Then I waited for the time to do it. I finally made the time here is what I came up with.

1) The slide - Vintage Colt NM with NM Barrel and bushing.
2) The Frame - Caspian Arms/.250 Grip Safety Radius Cut/20LPI
front grip checkering.
3) Hammer & Sear - Ed Brown
4) Slide Stop - Ed Brown
5) Trigger - Chip McCormick Titanium and Carbon Fiber
6) Grip Safety - Wilson .250 fitted
7) Thumb Safety - Ed Brown Extended Tactical
8) Grips - Green & Black Linen Micarta - Brownells
9) Steel Main Spring Housing 20LPI - Sarco
10) Finish - Black & O.D. Self Lubricating hostile enviornment finish
applied by M.R Arms in Mount Clemens, Michigan:rock:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,286 Posts
I got a Gold Cup "kit" on ebay (everything but the frame), and assembled most of the parts on a Caspian barstock Classic frame. I used a Kart ez fit barrel, Wilson Gold Cup rear sight, Dlask trigger, but as many of the Colt parts as were salvageable. Other than being all blue, it looks a bit like yours.
Did you have any trouble mating the Colt slide to the Caspian frame? Mine needed just a few file strokes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Slide and frame fit

It took several nights to stone the frame just so I could lap and mate it. A nice diversion from work. Did you have any trouble with the DLASK trigger. I had issues with one i bought and just shelved it. Quality was good I just didnt like the way it fit.

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,286 Posts
ghostgunner said:
Did you have any trouble with the DLASK trigger. I had issues with one i bought and just shelved it. Quality was good I just didnt like the way it fit.
I've had nothing but trouble with Dlask triggers. They look cool enough that I thought it was worth the trouble, one more time. I have two of them, but I don't think I'll be getting any more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I saw the comment on adjustable sights. Ok you explain it to my wife that i had to have ANOTHER carry gun. My everyday carry is a Kimber Pro Raptor 2 with all of the junk parts replaced. Its all about the spin.:biglaugh:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts