1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got this new Caspian today from Mike O'Hara at O'Hara Custom Guns. I'll try to get some better pictures later.

Most of the parts are from Wilson: grip safety, thumb safety, 337 hammer, sear, pins, bullet proof extractor and slide stop; Kart barrel.
Chuck Rogers (pistolwrench) did the slide cosmetics including the bevel. Pete Single (Metal Smith) did the checkering. Finish by Tripp.

Recessed plunger tube.

·
Registered
49 Posts
that's beautiful. tell me about the bevel cut on the bottom edge of the slide. was that done by caspian or o'hara? did caspian make the vertical slide serrations?

·
Registered
735 Posts
WOW! nice gun. Very, very slick piece. This is what gets my blood flowing, that seems to be the perfect 1911! :p Colt WHO????? :biglaugh:

Please submit a spec sheet on her! and more picks please. both sides, the mag well, rear of the gun, etc. Good luck with her.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Wayward is that the one he was selling on LTW or is that a custom he did to your specs. Either way it is smoking :cool:

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,222 Posts
Mike occasionally has guns for sale at a local gun store, so I've seen two or three of his guns up close. The cosmetics of his guns are some of the best I've ever seen (I've been fortunate enough to handle guns built by Heinie, Vickers, Swenson, Nastoff, Hoge, Burns, Bilby, Mulkerin, etc.).

·
Registered
645 Posts
WOW! That's a beautiful gun!

Whose MSH is that?

Did you buy it that way, or did Pete checker it, too?

·
Registered
937 Posts
So is that Tripp's hard chrome?

I love that finish. I've got a stainless commander I'm almost done with. Maybe I'll have to consider that instead of bead blasting...

Brian

·
Super Moderator
13,523 Posts
Beautiful pistol, congratulations.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Guys I will start posting more pic's of recent builds as they become complete .Thanks for nice words Mike O'Hara O'Hara Custom Guns
425-427-6843

·
Registered
881 Posts
there is something thats just so clean and elegant about that peice.
I love the lack of rollmarks and markings in general.
The finish is very bright yet not flashy. Would that be considered a matte finish?
The details of it are modern, yet not overdone......

really elegant peice!

·
Registered
280 Posts
DavidS said:
considered a matte finish?
It looks like hard chrome in matte to my eyes.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I seldom comment on anybody's gun pics, but that is a pretty sharp looking gun. :cool:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts