1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok got to the range today for a few minutes. We are still in a deep freeze here in the North East so this was a factor in my range time. Anyway I put 50 rounds of chepo Wolf ammo threw the gun without a glitch.:):) Made my day right there. I shot from 7 yards, 15 yards,& 25 yards. I have to say I am impressed with this gun. The 25 yards was nothing great but at 7 & 15 I was surprised. For using cheap ammo I did not expect to see anything accurate. Here are some pics of the gun and the target. I am going to go out to the range again on Mon. ( it's suppose to warm up ) and put a few hundred rounds down range. Hoping to have the same successes without any failures.. I am very happy with this gun so far. I was originally looking at the Springfield’s and S&W .. I paid a little more then I wanted but I think it was worth it. This gun seems to have everything already built in and really shouldn’t need and modifications that I can see anyways.

One question – What is the screw in the trigger?

·
Registered
632 Posts
Nice pistol, Mike and welcome!

That screw in the trigger is the overtravel adjustment screw. I'd say that most don't even mess with it. If you get a trigger job (and don't swap out the stock trigger) then it should get adjusted by your 'smith. I know of a few people who remove it completely.

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
Nice CBOB Mike...Good luck with it.

I see you have a pad on your mag. That's not the mag that came with
the gun is it? Mind if I ask what kind of mag came with your CBOB and
what kind you were shooting with?

Thanks, and again....Good luck with your CBOB

Chris

·
Hold my beer & watch this
5,570 Posts
Not bad,not bad...and welcome to the DW forum!

Looks like a Wilson mag.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Goodshow- They are the mags that came with the gun. I got 2 8 round mags with those bottoms on them.. The mags have the D/W in a circle on them..

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
Mike,

That's interesting. I have not see mags with pads on them coming
with the CBOB before. I have seen guys use mags with them as a spare
but not the primary carry mag only to preserve the profile of the CBOB.
The reason for the Bob Tail is for better concealment and a pad
defeats the purpose.

Can you take them on and off easily? If so that would be a nice feature.
Personally I would like the mag I use for carry to fit flush. Any backup
mag would be fine with a pad.

Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chris, they look like they pop right off..

Update on the range---- Went and put another 150 rounds down range.. Guess what not a glich. This gun just kept shooting.. I was again using cheap ammo I picked up some walmart winchester 100 rds. Everything seemed high and to the left. Well i'm thinking the gun is new and the ammo is cheap. I throw a couple of Hydro-shocks and shoot from around 20 yards. Boom dead on.. Two of the holes were touching.. So I guess I found my carry round.

I just made up some 185's LSWC to try out in the morning.

The only problem I for see with this gun is wanting another one. I'm thinking a Pointman just for target shooting.

·
Registered
68 Posts
They are indeed the factory mags from DW. The bumper comes off just like any mag plate, but there is not a plate underneath. I was planning on purchasing flush mags for it anyway, but it is odd that DW would include 2 bumper mags on a bobtailed 1911. 1 flush and 1 bumper would make sense, but 2 bumpers seem odd.

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
That is odd, I don't really understand why they would not send at least
one flush fitting mag. Both mags that came with mine last year fit flush.
This sounds like something new. I wonder if it is just the 45's or are the
10mm the same?

Although function is the most important thing, one of the features I love
about the CBOB is the clean looking profile. Not sure about the thought
process here.:scratch:

Funny, my 4 mags fit flush and I was thinking about getting some bumpers
in case I want to use it for IDPA. For carry though, I prefer a flush fitting
mag.:)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I put another 100 rounds threw it this week and I did have a couple of Fail to feed jams. Nothing major. I am sure it was the cartridges and the gun. The more I shoot this gun the moreI want another one just for the range.. Now I have to decide between another Cbob or a pointman.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Another Gun

Hi Mike,

I started out with a 45 CBOB and really loved it. Then came a PM 7 for target shooting (and then a couple of PM 9s too, but thats another story. I found the PM 7 to be a more accurate gun for shooting at targets and less felt recoil on me. I find myself shooting the PM 7 about 10 to 1 over the CBOB because of the increased shootability and accuracy. I practice alot with the PM 9 since the recoil is not even noticable and the amo is really cheap. Usually 9mm guns are not as accurate, but I've found the PM 9 capable of shooting 3/4" groups at 25 yards. The PM 7 will consistantly shoot those 5 shot groups, but I have to really concentrate to get them out of the 9mm.

My .02: get the Pointman next.

Chris

·
Registered
146 Posts
pm-9

Dan Wesson did make 9mm for a short while. I've heard anywhere from 12 to 24 guns were made, although I could never find out for sure. But last fall, I was able to get two of them. I've never shot one, but the other is truely a pleasure to shoot. It has a 3.25 lb. trigger (from the factory) and will shoot under an inch at 25 yards with reloads.

·
Registered
8,648 Posts
Yes, the factory PM9s were a real neat gun. Came from the factory with Cylinder&Slide fire control group, nice trigger job, etc. Quite a bargain, actually!

On another note, am stuggling with the notion of conducting a full-blown engineering evaluation of the newest version of the 45acp CBOB, such as the one pictured here. Would this be of interest to anyone?

·
Registered
632 Posts
Yes, the factory PM9s were a real neat gun. Came from the factory with Cylinder&Slide fire control group, nice trigger job, etc. Quite a bargain, actually!

On another note, am stuggling with the notion of conducting a full-blown engineering evaluation of the newest version of the 45acp CBOB, such as the one pictured here. Would this be of interest to anyone?
That just makes we wanna pick up one of the PM9's even more.

Also, I would be very interested in a full engineering evaluation of the newest .45ACP CBOB.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
QUOTE=pjd;1700349]Sounds great, but for those of us who are unaware, what does a full-blown engineering evaluation entail?[/QUOTE]

What he said...:scratch::scratch:[

1 - 20 of 24 Posts