1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks,

I picked up my new Jensen Arms CCO at my FFL last night on the way home from work and became so engrossed in her that I missed dinner. I expected to see a serial number in the low 100’s and was surprised to see a much earlier one, #26. Upon handling and field striping I noticed that the slide to frame fit is very tight and overall quality is very similar to my CBOB and PM9. The barrel bushing looks a bit thin to me. I expected it to be similar to what you see on the CBOB and PM9, but I guess I can live with it. I cleaned her up nice and lubed the rails with some slide glide, which seems to work well with my other 1911’s until broken in. I’m looking forward to my first range visit with the CCO.

Regards,

EAJ

·
Premium Member
7,725 Posts
Welcome to the DW Forum, one Mod. is a Master PistolSmith (Dave),
and one member is a Custom Pistol Grip Maker (Sarge43).
We will give you info, and our opinions, and yes, we joke around sometimes amongst ourselves.
Looking forward to your first range report w/pics.
We won't believe you until you post pics of it.

Clyde

·
Premium Member
1,058 Posts
Got to see those pics sir!

Congrats on a fine weapon. We are looking forward to your range report also!

Wes

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Clyde and Wes. Hope to get to the range and take a few pictures when time and weather conditions permit. I'm familiar with Sarge's grips; excellent work. :)

Here are a few photos of the CBOB and PM-9.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Thanks for posting those beautiful pics EAJ and thanks for letting us know what number your CCO is. I have already added it to my list of CCOs owned by members of this forum. Your gun is the third one I have seen in the 20s and it brings the total to 30 CCOs owned by members here.

Shoot #26 a bunch, you will love it. It has some really nice looking grips on it. All of the CCO stock grips are a little different and yours are some of the nicest ones I have seen so far, especially the one on the right which has some excellent contrast. I am sure Sarge will agree while at the same time trying to convince you to by a set of his for the CCO. His work suckered me in and now my CCO wears some of Sarge's beautiful Amboynia Burl grips.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind comments. End of year has been keeping me busy at work, but I hope to have some free time to visit the local range in the next week or two.

I was very surprised to receive a CCO with such a low serial number given that they have been available for awhile and others have posted receiving CCO’s with higher serial numbers. I assumed that CZ DW would release them in sequence as they’re being built, but perhaps that’s not how it works.

In any case if 30 are owned by forum numbers that’s a excellent start when you consider that CZ is only building a few hundred CCO’s this year. I initially thought I would wait until 2010 to purchase one, but the recent rumors about changes and pricing within the DW product line made me rethink that strategy. A few years ago I was interested in purchasing a CZ 75 SP-01 custom shop around this same time of the year, but decided to put it off a month or two. When I eventually ordered it, my few month delay cost me an additional $100. I wanted to avoid the annual CZ price bump with the CCO.

I’m content with the OE grips that came with the CCO, but the grips (Snakewood?) on Sarge’s CCO are simply gorgeous. I may eventually change the OE grips out with a set of his, or possibly the Crimson Trace Carbon Fiber grips I’ve seen on Alan’s CCO. At the moment I’ll be very happy with a functional out of the box pistol. :)

CZ 75 SP-01

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I finally had some spare time this week to test-fire the DW CCO at the local range. As previously mentioned I field-stripped, cleaned and lubed the pistol with slide-glide when I received it. I cumulatively shot one hundred rounds of Magtech, CCI Blazer Brass and S&B 230 grain FMJ ammunition through the CCO without experiencing any issues with the pistol.

In addition to the (two) magazines DW provided I used four Springfield Armory magazines which I normally use with a SA Micro Operator. I prefer the design of the DW magazines over the Springfield Armory magazines, but they all seemed to function fine in the CCO. Unlike the OE magazines which arrived with my PM-9, and were clearly identified as manufactured by Checkmate Industries, there were no marking on the CCO magazines. Upon inspection I thought the design closely resembled Tripp Research magazines, which I’ve found to be excellent, so I placed an order for a few through their website to supplement the OE magazines.

During this first outing my primary focus was more on reliability than precision target shooting. As evident by the target, which was placed at about 40’ downrange, my initial shots resulted in some (left side) high and low fliers. Subsequent shots fared better as I adjusted to the trigger pull and sight picture. Out-of-the-box the trigger pull is smooth and breaks cleanly, but feels a tad heavier than the trigger on my CBOB. Given the relatively light weight (27 oz.) of this (aluminum frame) pistol I found recoil to be comfortable and muzzle rise controllable. All in all I was very pleased with the CCO’s performance during this first outing.

http://www.fishkind.com/collection/dwccotarget.jpg

As a precaution I usually carry two pistols to the range. If I encounter an issue with one I still have a spare to shoot. In this instance the CCO ran fine, but I decided to shot the spare anyway, which was my “always reliable” 9mm CZ RAMI. I hadn’t shot the RAMI in almost a year and this session reminded how enjoyable it was to handle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts