1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my new CCO to the range yesterday. The center group is the first it shot (14 rounds). It fed everything except some of my reloads which wouldn't chamber every time.:bawling:

Odd in that the CBOB feeds everything. Anyway, I love the CCO, it has officially become my new EDC. :biglaugh:

Many KUDOS to Coloradokyle for helping me find the CCO. Thought I'd never
find one. He rocks!:rock:

Might have to sell the CBOB to pacify the wife. Time will tell.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Sweet CCO! Nice shooting to boot. :rock:

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
These CCO's are just flat out cool. Glad you found one of your own! Nice shooting too!
Welcome to the forum, and thanks for the pics!
Sarge

·
Premium Member
7,725 Posts
Glad to see you got to go to the range with your CBOB and New CCO, Great Range Report, and pic at the range.................

Clyde

·
Registered
610 Posts
Is the CCO controllable in comparison to a larger frame 1911? What of recoil?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I do notice a difference in felt recoil between the 2. The CCO is both lighter and shorter of grip so takes a bit more to control. That having been said, I still like the CCO better. The lighter carry weight is nice and the shorter grip makes it easier to conceal. Besides, I just like the look better than the stainless. In a real firefight, I think the advantage would go to the CBOB for the reduced recoil and one extra round. Is that enough to carry the CBOB instead of the CCO? Not for me it isn't. If I was that worried about such things, I'd carry my Para P14. My $.02.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Don't have a CCO, but do have a Wilson CQB Compact (same idea, but w/a 4" barrel) & I actually shoot it better than I do my full size. Dunno if it's 'cos the shorter frame fits my hand better or what.

Haven't had a chance to shoot my new CBOB yet (time & money...), but will deffo shoot the CBOB & the Wilson back to back, just to see how they compare.

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Might have to sell the CBOB to pacify the wife. Time will tell.
It's been a few years since I had a hair that wasn't silver and one of the very, very few things I know for certain is selling a pistol, revolver or rifle that you like is a mistake. (Shotguns are different, somewhat easily replaced IMO). I'm still looking for a Belgium Browning 22 cal ATD I sold in haste 30 years ago! I'd sell my lawn mower first, piss on the neighbors and their velvet landscapes! Of course, this is coming from a guy who's first wife said it was her or my German Shorthair. I opted for the dog. Good bird dogs are hard to come by!

·
Banned
4,761 Posts
It's been a few years since I had a hair that wasn't silver and one of the very, very few things I know for certain is selling a pistol, revolver or rifle that you like is a mistake. (Shotguns are different, somewhat easily replaced IMO). I'm still looking for a Belgium Browning 22 cal ATD I sold in haste 30 years ago! I'd sell my lawn mower first, piss on the neighbors and their velvet landscapes! Of course, this is coming from a guy who's first wife said it was her or my German Shorthair. I opted for the dog. Good bird dogs are hard to come by!
:rofl::rofl::rock: That's good stuff kingdad!!:biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
That's a great set of pistols you got there. Nice Shooting too:rock:

Given the choice of having to sell one or the other, I think I sell a kidney:biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I am making a list of all the CCO numbers that belong to members of this forum. So far I have identified 20 guns and the highest number so far is #103. I know who has #1 and I have #17. Would you mind sharing what number CCO you have?

Thank You very Much, Got to love the CCO!!!:rock:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My number is 74

I am making a list of all the CCO numbers that belong to members of this forum. So far I have identified 20 guns and the highest number so far is #103. I know who has #1 and I have #17. Would you mind sharing what number CCO you have?

Thank You very Much, Got to love the CCO!!!:rock:

·
Registered
872 Posts
Sell CBOB? In general, don't sell guns at all... especially don't sell 1911's that run right.... :biglaugh:
I feel the value of guns and ammo will rise faster than gold in the comming years...They sure are a better bet that real estate..

·
Registered
872 Posts
Don't have a CCO, but do have a Wilson CQB Compact (same idea, but w/a 4" barrel) & I actually shoot it better than I do my full size. Dunno if it's 'cos the shorter frame fits my hand better or what.

Haven't had a chance to shoot my new CBOB yet (time & money...), but will deffo shoot the CBOB & the Wilson back to back, just to see how they compare.
Please let us/me know how they compare...I don't have a Wilson or Brown but it's hard to see how they can be much better than this CBOB..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts