1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wood grips are definitely sexy, but I like some plain jane G10 grips smoothed out for comfortable carry. My latest from Mr Larry Davidson...

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Very Nice Big-Red! I let you shoot mine if I can shoot yours, we couldn't be to far apart!!:rock:

·
Premium Member
7,725 Posts
Nice looking Grips Big Red. Don't Trust LoneOak he gets lost in his own house.
:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Clyde

BTW LoneOak is a Graet Guy.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Looking good Big Red! Variety is the spice of life, and thank God we don't all like the same stuff or life would be pretty boring. :rock:
Sarge

·
Hold my beer & watch this
5,570 Posts
Big fan of G10 here too. Looks good man. :rock:

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
I have a couple of pairs of Larry D's grips on order as I type - one for my CCO and another for my SA LW Champ OP. I also have his grips on my CBOB and TRP. I am a fan of G10.

I love wood grips also and will get some from Sarge one day (maybe a Christmas idea :) )...

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Question for those in the know on such things.....
The G10 looks alot like the linen micarta. Are they similar materials? I've never worked with G10 and know next to nothing about it.
Sarge

·
Premium Member
7,725 Posts
Here you are Sarge a little info for you:

Made from tough, maintenance-free, G-10 filament glass cloth/epoxy resin composite matched to the exact colors used by the U.S. armed forces. G-10’s superior impact-resistance, low moisture-absorption properties, and dimensional stability over a wide temperature range mean these grips will not fail, even under the worst weather conditions.

Clyde

·
Registered
8,648 Posts
G-10 '101':

OK, Micarta is a licensed name for a group of fiberglass products, one of which is G-10. G-10, in turn comes in 3 flavors, which are 'regular' G-10, FR4 (fire rated), and CR (cryogenic).

Basically, G-10 is layered woven fiberglass layers, impregnated with epoxy resin. Micarta products also include paper, linen, and canvass Micarta, where-in layers of non-fiberglass materials (such as cotton canvas) are sandwiched in the plastic/epoxy matrix. HTH.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Very Nice!

Very sharp looking CCO Big Red. I agree, the smooth G10's make the pistol look Bad to the Bone! :rock: Is your holster black too?

BTW, if it were up to me, 007 would be carrying a pistol exactly like yours, instead of a wimpy Walther PPK. Your CCO looks way more hot and sexy to ME! :-0

OMG, my new RZ-10 Sportsman isn't here until Friday, and I'm already beginning the Enlightenment!

@Sarge, even though the G10's look great on Big Red's CCO, I'm seriously thinking about a set of your Gabon Ebony grips with the satin finish for the new RZ10. ;->

·
Registered
872 Posts
Those are very cool for micarta...I don't like most of them...
My favorite are the the aged white paper micarta...
Looks alot like ivory...

·
Premium Member
1,492 Posts
OMG, my new RZ-10 Sportsman isn't here until Friday, and I'm already beginning the Enlightenment!
I'm sorry this is off topic, but did a 53 year old man just use the term, "OMG"?
Now I have seen everything! :biglaugh:

And to be on topic, the grips look great.
Ryan

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
^^^ Enlightenment does funny things to us doesn't it? :rofl: :D

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
The only thing I see wrong is that someone messed up your MSH: it's flat. You need to get it replace with a nice sexy curved one.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts