1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I just picked up a new CD FS 1911Al blue.I ran about 150 rounds through it and had a couple of ejection failures, but nothing that serious. I found the Chuck nicely balanced and a pleasure to shoot. I am new to the 1911 game, but I did get to fire a Colt government from the Korean War era before. The Chuck really feels nice in the hand. All in all, it seems like a lot of gun for the money.
My question is, Can I replace the ejector and extractor myself or will it need a competent gunsmith?
Thanks!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Welcome to the world of Charles Daly.

You should be able to change most of the parts on your C.D. with a little fitting.
Some more than others.

Be sure to check the fit of your firing pin stop,barrel bushing,and extractor.
Actually the firing pin stop may solve your ejection problem..if it is loose the extractor can roll a bit causing FTE.

Good luck and have fun.

·
Banned
1,607 Posts
There should not be anything wrong with the ejector. Do not try to bend the extractor as they are very brittle. Brownells has a good selection of extractors. If your FP stop is not too loose you can tighten it up by dimpling the edges with a center punch.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!
The firing pin stop is a bit loose. I'm able to wiggle the extractor a bit with my finger. I'll see if I can tighten up the FP stop. The barrel bushing feels tight enough but I'd like to replace it anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts