1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my 1st time posting so I hope this goes well.

I have always loved 1911's and my department adopted them for our swat teem and as an off-duty weapon. I received a Kimber TLE RL as a duty weapon and like it over the Glock it replaced but it had the dredded external extractor! After that i began a quest for older Kimbers and found a CUSTOM II ($500) with the internal extractor to use as a shooter, I removed the safety plunger from the rear sight dovetail. it makes a great shooting gun. SER# K0819XX, called Kimber and they told me it was assembley OCT. 31, 2001. cool date!

Went shopping again today and found a "CLASSIC MODEL CUSTOM ROYAL" ser# K005977 ($600) with CLACKAMAS on the side in great shape so i snapped it up!

They also had a early Royal (YONKERS) LNIB made before series II and external extractors (around $700) i'm thinking about adding to the collection.

From what i have seen on the Forum i think i've done ok with these choices. Anybody think these were a mistake?

thanks.
Remember; FRONT SIGHT-PRESS-REPEAT AS NEEDED

·
Registered
598 Posts
Indycop:

Welcome to the Clackamas club!!

You did well on that Clacky Royal. I would have bought it myself, and I already have two Clackys Classics. Enjoy it; I'm sure that it's a fine shooter.

:rock:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.