1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my NRM Colt Commander today and I couldn't be happier with the gun. Fit and finish is excellent. I detail stripped the gun and I was impressed with the level of finish inside the gun too. I did not find anything inside that shouldn't have been there. It was clean, well lubed, and ready to go right from the box. This was the first time I stripped a series 80 and that was a learning experience. I might pull all of that firing pin safety stuff out of there the next time I strip it down. Left it in for now to see how it shoots. I couldn't make up my mind though if the barrel is stainless steel or in the white. I checked the Colt website but didn't see anything on it there. I'm going to put at least 300 rounds through it tomorrow and see how it shoots. Take care.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Congrats on your new acquisition! I'm happy with my 1991A1 too, I'll be even happier when I get my 1911A1 Reproduction next week!!!!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Aren't the NRM Colts a blast? I'm enjoying my 1991A1, it's a keeper. I think you'll not be disappointed, have fun.

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No problems at the range.

I took the Commander to the range today and couldn't be happier with its performance. The gun shoots centered and 2.5 inches above point of aim at 25 yards. I guess they set it up for a 6 O clock hold at the factory. I can live with that and see no reason to fool with the sights. Groups from the bench were 2 inches or less. I intended to fire about 300 rounds through it but there were winds exceeding 35 mph on the range and I gave up at about 125 rounds. I fired 50 rounds of Winchester 230g FMJ white box, 50 rounds of UMC 230g FMJ, and 25 rounds of hand loaded 230g FMJ. There were no problems at all with the gun. I'm completely satisfied and would buy another Colt without hesitation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts