1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 18 Posts
60 Posts
Sorry a definitive poster got in between. I was refering to mr. springfield etc etc. I got to customize this well made reliable accurate mother because I am a Kimber fan or springfield fan. And I thought you were crazy being definitive and not a etc etc anything good kind of guy.

60 Posts
You have made me a believer Shooter Ready. I strongly appologize for the incorrect statement. I liked your comback and self control. Both of which I lack to a degree. I get so little out of posting replies that I misinterpret the true meaning behind the post. Thanks for your very insightful response to my lacking opinion. But I find the Col. posts very much strong sided with my own opinions. So I got a little out of control. Thanks again shooter!

60 Posts
Ok Shooter lets start it up again. I have read many many many posts on the various manufacturers. And I thought one sided to only Colt until three weeks ago when I shot a Kimber. The gun was flawless in every way. But the latest Colts make what i've heard about Kimbers seem miniscule. Do the new ones really bridge the gap? Or is it just Colt guys with new Colts?

60 Posts
Well now, I don't have a liking for something that does'nt work. As I posted a short time back my S70 Government was having feeding problems. Took it to a smith who worked in a store with one ancient DA Colt. Yet he carried a custom S70 and tuned the extractor for free. And I retuned again after problems went the other way(As he instructed me to if any further problems occured). I learned something reemphasized as I looked at a custom smiths site. It was Larry Vickers and, he states the two weak links are the plunger and extractor. It was eye opening to see that people with the skill and knowledge. Will share it for nothing and do it for nothing. I know he gained a customer in the future. I would rather have him fix a gun I just paid $300 to $1500 for. Rather then send it back to exex via exexe. And wait for six weeks. While I am sans my $300 to $1500 gun. He fixes the problem himself in the store. You know what was really wierd though. And I also stated this a week or so ago. Is that we 1911 shooters and collectors(a small bridge if it exists at all). Is that most of the shooting people want a small gun with zero defects. You have to spend a fortune to get a 1911 that way. And then you have the operational difficulty. I mean a single action trigger and semi auto feeding are two very odd partners in a gun. Yet we worship them as if nothing else exists to a high degree. Yet the rest of the world moves on. To Kahrs(latest with multi patents), Sigs(Germany makes them to ever increasing standards and finishes), H&Ks(As plastic as a Glock and functionally as perfectly reliable). Let me out guys maybe a Sig 210 would cure me. Just saying that for a goof, I don't want out ever.

1 - 5 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.