1911Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after long months of training, a dozen or so background packets, agility tests and board reviews, not to mention the occasional rejection for age, I have finally landed a job with a great agency. There were truly times when I thought it was never going to happen.

------------------
"Justice will only be achieved when those who are not injured by crime feel as indignant as those who are" King Solomon, 10th Century B.C.

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Congrats!!! Don't take any crap from us young punks!

What's your issue weapon?

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's your issue weapon?[/B]
Shane45-1911,

Well strangely enough, my new KZ45 is my duty weapon. However, I qualified with my Glock 21 also just to have a back up. I still have to qualify with my Kahr P9 yet. Thanks for the congrats, I appreciate it.

------------------
"Justice will only be achieved when those who are not injured by crime feel as indignant as those who are" King Solomon, 10th Century B.C.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Congrats man. I realized that I am not cut out for an LEO job. I dont have the proper temperment
So I now do Communications for a PD.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Way to go sir, welcome to the ranks.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gentlemen,

Thank you for the contratulations, I very much appreciate it. I never in my life thought I would be starting a new career at 45, but here we go.

------------------

·
Registered
71 Posts
We have had guys start in there fities with us before! Just don't let us youngsters pester you to much!

Congratulations and stay safe!

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
What's the secret handshake, so I can get out of that speeding ticket in Austin??

------------------
If God didn't want us to own guns, why did He make the 1911?

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by Patrickl:
Saint,

Mind if I ask what you did before and why you decided to change to LE?
Patrick,

No I don't mind a bit. I worked for a company called Simplex Time Recorder, we installed and serviced fire alarm systems, sound systems, phone systems etc. etc. I had worked for them since 1993 and was a service manager for the branch in Austin since 1997. In December of last year, Tyco International who also owns several other fire alarm type businesses bought out the company. As with any kind of acquisition, there is always a cut back of some kind. In this case, too many bosses and I was let go in April. As a matter of fact, I graduated the academy on March 31st, went to work that following Monday and was told to be out of my office by Monday afternoon. My original plan was to do law enforcement as a reserve officer. Well, as you can see, that plan changed drastically. In this area, there is no shortage of managers of any kind, there are many companies laying off sales, marketing, and supervision personnel. However, there is a drastic shortage of law enforcement throughout the entire area.

------------------

[This message has been edited by TheSaint (edited 07-19-2001).]

·
Registered
489 Posts
Good luck in your new carreer Saint.

Greg

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
You have made an outstanding career choice and after almost 27 years in the state police retirement system, I have no regrets.

7th

------------------
Support Your Local Police

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's a great thing to hear 7th. I have talked to many officers over the past year and that seemed to be the most echoed statement. They absolutely loved their job.

------------------

·
Registered
248 Posts
Saint
Welcome to the Zoo. I retired in July 1999 after 27 years on the JOB. Be safe and keep the rubber side down. Always remember that most citizens care and are thankful about the job you do for them, so don't let the crying Liberals get you down. I hope you have a long and fruitful career.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts