1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NEW COURSE! TREATMENT OF GUNSHOT WOUNDS

Great news! John Farnam, of Defense Training International, has teamed up with Dr. Tony Barrera to offer a one day course in the emergency treatment of gunshot wounds. Dr. Barrera estimates that using these techniques while waiting for the paramedics to arrive can raise your chances of surviving a serious gunshot wound from 50% to 97%, a significant improvement.

Dr. Barrera has over twenty years experience in Emergency Medicine, and he has trained extensively in defensive shooting, with most of the big names in the training industry, including Gunsite, DTI, LFI, and LAPD SWAT. Dr. Barrera will be assisted in this course by famed tactics and shooting instructor John Farnam. This is a combined classroom and firing range course. The course is intended for firearms instructors, police and security personnel, and anyone who carries a firearm for self defense. If you, or someone you care about, can be shot, this is a course you need.

This course is scheduled at Rangemaster, Memphis, on 1 March 2004.
This is the Monday following our annual Tactical Conference. This is a great opportunity to stay over in Memphis one additional day and get some training that may literally save your life or the life of a loved one in the event of a shooting. Class will run from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.

Students will need a suitable defensive handgun; proper belt, holster, and magazine pouch; at least three magazines or two speedloaers; and 300 rounds of jacketed ammunition. You will need a ball cap, and eye and ear protection. Upon completion of the course, each student will receive a certificate and a sterilized battle dressing for use as described in class.

Tuition is $185.00. This is a bargain for training of this nature. Enrollment is NOT limited to those who attend the Tactical Conference.
To enroll, contact Rangemaster at 901-370-5600.

·
Registered
210 Posts
T Givens said:
NEW COURSE! TREATMENT OF GUNSHOT WOUNDS
Students will need a suitable defensive handgun; proper belt, holster, and magazine pouch; at least three magazines or two speedloaers; and 300 rounds of jacketed ammunition.
I don't care how good the class is, I don't think I could survive being shot 300 times.

Or should I assume the medical training is being combined with a more traditional tactical shooting course? Seriously, this class sounds like a great idea and I hope it or something like it will be offered at other locations.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BtN,

The goal is not to get shot even once, hence the shooting training. :D
The other goal is to learn the best management of any wound you do incur.

·
Registered
210 Posts
T Givens said:
The goal is not to get shot even once, hence the shooting training. :D
Agreed. I hope you'll report back after the class to let us know how it went. If I lived nearby I'd be signing up.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Re: Re: New Course, Treatment of Gunshot Wounds

bring_the_noise said:
I don't care how good the class is, I don't think I could survive being shot 300 times.
LOL!

I don't think that I've EVER laughed that hard from something posted on an internet forum!

Tom...is the tactical conference still open for enrollment? Since I live just north of Jonesboro, I thought that I would drive over and attend with a friend of mine if you still had open slots.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, there are still spots available for the Tactical Conference. Better sign up soon though, it usually fills by Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
134 Posts
bring_the_noise said:
Agreed. I hope you'll report back after the class to let us know how it went. If I lived nearby I'd be signing up.
Dr, Barrera lives in the Pittsburgh area and will be holding this class in either mid April or late May in the surrounding Pittsburgh area. They are actually doing this class all over the country in 2004. Might want to check DTIs website for more info!

http://www.defense-training.com/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts