1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wilson is building a batch of CQB's for SWAT and Spec. Ops. with an accessery rail built into the dust cover. Looks functional. I have to order one.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Nice, I have a Speedchute on a Classic, like it alot.

Anyone actually use a handgun with a light hanging off of the frame? Makes sense for an entry team, but for citizens restricted to concealed carry, it seems a little too sporty.

OTOH, perhaps the wife would acquiesce to the "we gotta have one for the night stand" argument. I'm going to try it tomorrow- wish me luck.

Jay

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
The dustcover appears to be much more streamlined than my SA TRP Operator. If so, I would prefer it much better.

·
Registered
721 Posts
The speed chute is available on any of Wilsons pistols and is removable.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Though the Kaliban says I cannot own one, I bet if I send a CQB back to Wilson they can do the work on it.

After whoring myself for an M1A Scout, I will have to offer my services to get a CQB!

[This message has been edited by Skunkabilly (edited 12-09-2001).]

·
Registered
127 Posts
TheGrinch said:

OTOH, perhaps the wife would acquiesce to the "we gotta have one for the night stand" argument. I'm going to try it tomorrow- wish me luck.

Jay
So did it work? Where in the Lone Star are you?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Come on Grinch!

We wanna know? So are you getting a new nightstand tool?

Ross T.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Are you kidding? If I had to ask the wife before purchasing, I'd have an empty safe!

No CQB for me, I am awaiting the delivery of a "PT Partner's Special Edition Urban Tactical Combat Amphibious Landing Rapid Response Quick Entry and Get the Heck out of Dodge Full Sized Millenium Stealth Protector Classic Super Grade".

The name in inscripted on the slide, frame, grips and magazine. Only way it would fit.

Terry told me it is a "one of a kind" special order after which there will be no more 1911 style pistols manufactured due to the imminent expiration of the JMB patent license on the model.

Mr Peters also said that he will sign the ball cap that comes with it, and include an official Dallas Cowboys key ring flashlight that has a special holder for a couple of quarters so players can call an attorney from the central lock up facility in downtown Dallas. This replaces the need for a frame mounted light, which is really hard to conceal in the IWB at night. Ever try to explain the glow emanating from within your trousers? Hmmmm?

No really, I got the last one, that's why charged me double for it. Pretty good deal, eh?

Grinch

·
Super Moderator
1,889 Posts
Grinch.

I want to thank you for the recommendation. There may be a new grenade launcher attachement out soon. I think I can get one of those added with bipod and speed feed belt chute with laser engagement grips and FLIR sight attachment.

Batteries are not included for this.

Attachment cost is minimal but the batteries are high. I will have to trade the Dallas Cowboy flashlight and may the flashlight for the upgrade.

See you at Market Hall.

·
Registered
251 Posts
[/B][/QUOTE]
I want to thank you for the recommendation. There may be a new grenade launcher attachement out soon. I think I can get one of those added with bipod and speed feed belt chute with laser engagement grips and FLIR sight attachment.
Is it NVG compatible? ;)

I am sure that if you managed to put all of that together, that SOMEONE would buy one (and complain that it was still lacking some essential gadget).

Seriously, you have put together an innovative combination with your "Urban Millenium"offering- sits nicely in the price gap between the standard Millenium and the CQB/Protector, in a good looking package.

Looking forward to get ahold of mine soon.

Oh, and being a LEO in the DFW area, can you tell us how many Cowboy autographs you have now? On arrest warrants?

Don't answer that, the truth might be too scary.

Grinch

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Dallas has a football team?

I want the urban tactical fighterjet thingy but I want it in stainless and built on a compact frame with a collapable stock and tactical sling.

I would also like the optional GPS/satellite uplink for the optional .45 acp APFSDS.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Well if we are going to talk air to air fighters guns, how about a radar ranged lead computing optical sight? I want a HUD on a Wilson!

Grinch

·
Registered
127 Posts
GrandmasterB said:

Hey ldb...

Nice to see another Pearland resident on this great forum!

Oh, and the CQB pic above looks way cool. :cool:
Thanks. I'm on the opposite side of town from you, in West Oaks. I've had my Protector full size 10 days now and am totally pleased with it. What model Wilson do you have? One of my friends at work has the full size CQB and it is a great gun also. I may look into a compact before long. This one is somewhat heavy by day's end.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hours

Anybody know if Wilson is open this week? Would like to stop by and look at this in the flesh and buy a holster and register for IDPA.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts