1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well thanks to the advice and all the posts i bought a CQB today. to late to do the paper work but will do it in the am........pick up the CQB (compact)and go shoot till i dropppppppppp. thanks all for the imput...

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Congrats and woohoo! The CQB compact is a nice shooter and should shoot much like a full-sized gun (in terms of handling).

I have tried several mags in mine and found that really the best mags for my full-sized CQB and Compact are Wilson's mags. Maybe it was random chance that things worked out that way, I don't know. With Wilson mags, mag-related problems are extremely rare in my CQBs. CMC and Metalform were not nearly as good, Metalform consistently not locking back the slide on empty and CMC 8 rounders having last rounds failing to go into battery about every 13-15 times. If you can find less expensive mags that work, that is great, but I think you will find Wilson's mags working the best. Also, for spares, check out their new compact/officer's sized 8 rounders. They have a new metal base that I think is really nice. The base curves up along the front of the mag and stops where the bottom of the front strap of the grip is. This keeps mags from being over-inserted.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Congrats on the Wilson. I'm not a fan of ANY compact 1911s but I'm sure Wilson has made yours RIGHT! Keep us informed.

Callahan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts