1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took delivery today of a new Custom Carry. It's been a while since I had a new 1911 and it feels really good. My first experience with John at Proload and the recommendations many have made on this forum are absolutely correct. If there is better Baer dealer, I'd like to know where/who. He did right by me.

The new pistol isn't as tight as I expected. I am resisting the urge to break in down, I'll get out to put some rounds through it this weekend, might even take it to a match for it's first rounds. A few years ago, I bought a almost new PII from a neighbor who didn't like the "hard fit" characteristics. Now, about 15k rounds later, it is a smooth a 1911 as a 1911 can be.

I am resisting the urge to break down my new CC to see the inside. The gun is capable of a "sling shot" release from slide lock-is the Custom Carry delivered without a shok buff?

The very slight "dehorning" is far more noticeable than I really expected. The nights sights are more effective than I expected. My expectations, so far, have been exceeded. To put it mildly, this is a nice pistol.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Yep, by all reports John is a great guy.

sounds like that is a fine gun, just keep resisting the urge to take it apart. Go out and shoot it asap!!!

oh pics are needed too!

·
Registered
377 Posts
BS !!!

Pics or it didn't happen :eek:

+1 for John

·
Banned
1,538 Posts
There are no buffs in the Custom Carry. Took my friends apart Saturday after he put 450 rounds through her as he wanted a S&A magwell installed. While I was at it, I took the slide off to take a look. No buff but plenty of grime, goo, and gunk. He got his last week from John also and is in Baer heaven. After taking a look I put her back together, no cleaning. Maybe do a good one after the next 450 rounds. He shot my Monolith H, now he wants a gold bead front sight......and he's got John looking for a Concept VIII. Didn't take him long to want a second Baer:rock:..........................TW

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
......and he's got John looking for a Concept VIII. Didn't take him long to want a second Baer:rock:..........................TW
Second Baer???/ Heck just wait till he gets to the 7th and 8th...... :eek:

I tell ya, its an addiction!

:biglaugh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts